Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short throw shifter done! LOTS of pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short throw shifter done! LOTS of pics...

ok here is my short throw shifter build sorry for the crazy amount of pics but i think pics spreak better that works...

the last two show the amount of movement it takes from 3rd to 4th... its a SHORT throw
    thats it... let me know what you guys think the vids will come shortly. i im just letting them upload...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

mad skills i wish i could fab like you.

Comment

Love to see that much care taken in manufacturing your own parts. There was no real reason to grind down the corner of the box you made, but you did anyways - I like that.

B
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Comment

looks good.....but why did you go through all that instead of just getting a short throw and putting it in the stock set up?
        Still looks like a decent result....a little fab skills there.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          looks good.....but why did you go through all that instead of just getting a short throw and putting it in the stock set up?
          Still looks like a decent result....a little fab skills there.
          the only reason i went that way is there is no way to make the throw that short without making the bottom half of the shifter so long that it hits your exhaust lol... and welding it up, taking out the rubber mounts and making all it out of steal, not plastic... makes it alot better "feel" shift plus i like the look of that fat 5/8 inch rod over the tiny stock one lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

ok the vid is finished its upload let me know if it dosnt work lol...

and thats how i drive every day... i fly through the gears
            Last edited by sasquatch; 05-17-2009, 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it....................
              I had to look at the pictures 3 times to figure out what you were doing with all the plates.
              I love the idea of a short throw while retaining the handle height. Fabricated in true hotrodder fashion. Like the commercial says, "Now that's thinkin' with your dipstick, Jimmy!"
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it....................
                I had to look at the pictures 3 times to figure out what you were doing with all the plates.
                I love the idea of a short throw while retaining the handle height. Fabricated in true hotrodder fashion. Like the commercial says, "Now that's thinkin' with your dipstick, Jimmy!"
                thanks what commercial is that?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

i think i gotta see this in person!

-Scott
                  Aqua 93 L
                  Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                  White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                    i think i gotta see this in person!
                    come on down to funky town but i aint taking off my console again... its hard lol...

ooo and i think if i make a copple copies of this thing it will be called the "sssts" (sasquatch super short throw shifter) lol....
                    Last edited by sasquatch; 05-18-2009, 12:30 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

$$$$$$ .........ok how much Mike?
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

X2 I had a short trow off ebay, got rid of it 'cuz it sat so low I was hunching over to shift. I'd love to get one of those Sssts's.
                        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Fine job. Looks like an over-size Joy Stick! Great. Any dimensions available to make it easier for the "dupilcators" out here?
                          CZ

Comment

Love that shifter! If I hadn't already bought an eBay special, I'd gladly pay for one of those!

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                            thanks what commercial is that?
                            Castrol EDGE
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                              $$$$$$ .........ok how much Mike?
                              im not sure yet, im gonna talk to a copple local mechine shops to see how much its would be to make it. its kind of alot work to make it all from scratch and i dont think i can make them ALL the EXACT same...

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
                              Fine job. Looks like an over-size Joy Stick! Great. Any dimensions available to make it easier for the "dupilcators" out here?
                              CZ
                              i eyeballed it to be honest lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X