Aspire swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire swap

Started on the aspire brake/suspension swap at noon. I got the complete front assemblies done. I got the front aspire sway bar in, and the rear axle beam swapped on too. I have to hook up the brake lines and the e brake cable in the rear, install the aspire master cylinder, fill with fluid and bleed the brakes. Will be up and running then. The drivers side axle nut was cross threaded on. It shredded the nut and half the threads on the axle when coming off. I replaced the axle (thanks Jack) .
    Jack helped me by removing my rear interior plastics and the rear bumper. That is for the total stealth James Bond trailer hitch install. I shouldn't post pics until it's finished but I can't wait. It will be VERY stealthy when done. The receiver will only be seen as a steering wheel center emblem. The bumper skin will be back on the sub frame. The foam has already been cut to fit. Confusing I guess. Finished pics will follow. Jack made this receiver hitch into a stock festiva sub bumper.

Last edited by neanderpaul; 05-09-2011, 06:38 PM.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Question. Do I have to swap the big black circle thing behind the master cylinder too?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

love the trailer hitch can't waite to see to done!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
        Question. Do I have to swap the big black circle thing behind the master cylinder too?
        I do not think so Paul...I have an Aspire master on my car and it bolts right up to the Festy "big black circle thing"...lol
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

It's called a vacuum booster and no your Aspire MC will bolt right up and one line has to be carefully bent to mate to the new MC.
          Bench bleed it good or you'll never get the air out of it.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

you know all about that, don't you John? lol

Paul, could you wonderful friend also make a few of those for me?!!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks guys! Marcus, I don't think he will. I really get the special treatment. He generally uses his super powers only on his projects. He also does regular mechanic work for his immediate family. I will ask him though.

Comment

oops! Sorry festyboy. I mistook you for Freshtiva. Don't know how I missed that.

Comment

Looking good Paul :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    you know all about that, don't you John? lol
                    Yes, I was trained by the Master!

But, I have not yet mastered the technique of spraying the car next door with hydraulic fluid when bench bleeding!
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                      Yes, I was trained by the Master!

But, I have not yet mastered the technique of spraying the car next door with hydraulic fluid when bench bleeding!
                      John, once you master this, you can move on to installing the MAF backwards.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

ah, young grasshopper, you have much yet to learn.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Update..
                          Jack spotted major wobble on my drivers side drum. I went and got rear wheel bearings. Then the drivers side drum and spindle were shot. The axle beam was so West Virginia'd, aka rusted, that the bottom strut bolt was spinning free and not coming out. That was on the drivers side. I made a plan to cut a hole below it and get to the back of that bolt. But first I decided to check the pass side lower strut bolt. It snapped off.....
                          I ordered a used one from a junk yard that networks. It is getting shipped in. Will be here in 2 days. Paid $150 for a loaded rear axle beam. I didn't want to but I have to have this festy ready for a Dallas trip in a week and a half.

In better news I installed the aspire master cylinder. I also repaired a rear seat issue in my quest. And I pieced together a good sending unit fuel pump for Jack's latest festy. It's a black 92 Sport! That got it running.

But in even better news I present the James bond trailer hitch. It needs to be refined just a bit. But about another hour and it will be ready for service.

Comment

Awesome job on the bumper. Its like a clean refined version of my hitch bumper. I know you will envy the jagged hole I cut in the bumper cover.

edit: I just remembered how nice the paint was on my car before I started camoflauging it.
                            Last edited by resuwrecked; 05-10-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Awwwwww. It has a wittle tail.
                              Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X