FMXIII Update, change of venue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMXIII Update, change of venue

I am posting this on the main thread as well, and updating the first post to reflect correct information.

It is my sad duty to make this announcement. Despite all our efforts to complete the project at Kobayashi Maru Farms in time to have the meet there, the county unilaterally decided to move our scheduled inspection date back, past the weekend of Madness. We got this news Monday evening the 24th(they left a voicemail during the day I did not hear the notification for earlier in the day.)

So we have to move the meet.

We looked into a backup option of using a nearby AIRBNB on a farm close to ours but were not able to pull that off. It was our hope that no one would have to change any hotel reservations etc.

Now. There were some questions before as to why not stay in Raleigh. The situation at Snoopys has changed. They are more than happy to have us there, but there is a quasi legal "internet cafe" where people gamble, that often has cars there 24 7 that did not exist before. In the last month or two, a couple more have cropped up nearby and that one is less popular now. Might still interrupt parking for our meet.

Another problem is the neighborhood for Madness Central. Barbs neighbors had quite a few complaints the last few years about all the cars on the side of the road, and she really did not want to alienate them any more.

As you have probably already guessed, we are still going to have the meet at Snoopy's, and gather at Barbs at Madness Central, but there will be a few changes from years past.
    Snoopys is located at
    2431 Spring Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615
    Barbs house AKA Madness Central is at
    6701 Johnsdale RD Raleigh NC 27615
    Only a block away
    Campers will still be able to camp. Absolutely. So far the weekend looks to be cool and clear. Bring warmer clothes for night time just in case.

THERE WILL BE NO PARKING IN THE STREET!

We are going to spend next week not finishing our home, but making sure there is space in the back yard. In years past, we have used the back yard for parking pre and post meet. We will put campers back there first, then post meet fill it up first then fill up the front yard. There should be more than enough room between both front and back yards for everyone. This will absolutely be the last year that her home will be used for these purposes at this location, let us be sure to be good guests and have her neighbors in mind. It might take a little more work, and juggling, but it should be fine.

We will have finalized provisions for those towing with trailers etc in the next couple of days. Should not be an issue to keep those close by.

We might not be able to do the blind driver contest.

Most of the rest will be the same as years before. The good thing is we have not moved the supplies we use, so everything will be plug and play for here. Grilling Friday night, Breakfast buffet Sunday morning. Fun meet and after wrenching party Saturday.

This is more than a little heart breaking for us. It is our sincere hope this will not be an inconvenience for anyone.

Feel free to PM me on the forum, on facebook, or at my email, scitzz@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.

If you have reservations that can not be cancelled let me know ASAP and we will work out some kind of help in one way or another.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.
Working...
X