Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B3 turbo fitting. Where to put the air flow meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I connect it right? What happens if I swapped the fuel pipes?
    Last edited by lancerevo; 08-09-2009, 02:25 AM.
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

I am having some problems with the engine with the turbo. I had never boosted more than 5 psi. When I step on the gas pedal the engine seems not getting power before 4500rpm and seems lack of fuel than at about 4500rpm you can feel the engine pulling hard. What is the problem. I have added the fmu. It seems better than before when it was without the fmu.

Any advice please.

Comment

ANOTHER FUEL PUMP!~!!!!!!!! that fmu rises the fuel press. above what the stock pump is capable of. Add an inline pump and see what happens.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Lancer, it sounds like you're not spooling till 4500. if it were a fuel supply issue, the problem would get worse as RPMs rise (not get better). the FMU is allowing you to go rich sooner, therefore providing more heat to the turbine sooner, and thus spooling sooner. what size turbo are you using and what manifold style?
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

we ran 10 psi on the stock 1.3 fuel pump no prob just the fmu and bigger injectors. now we ran 6 psi stock injectors and fmu no prob as well. i dont think its the pump i think its the spool up. check for small leaks in the exhaust befor the turbo any leak will make the turbo spool slow but if you used a turbo that is off a 1.8 or 2.0 car then it will spool slower then one from a smaller engine. watch the boost gauge also if it hits full boost and still feels slow then you might have another problem. we ran stock timing on 6psi no prob but we are at 4800 ft above sea level so that might have something to do with it. slow spool could be a lack of timing of lack of fuel or too much fuel. i doubt its lean if you are running 6psi or lower.. Do you have an intercooler? what turbo? and does it reach 5 psi right when it pulls or does it hit 5 earlier then it pulls?
            Last edited by ketchup; 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM.
            YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              Pcv I just vented the valve cover at the other end. Most pcv's will only flow 1 way.
              No, most guys eliminate the pcv.

We've really got nothing but questions from you, and still no discription of your specific setup, but now we really need some answers.
              Pictures of your setup would be great for starters, then some explanations about what turbo and or it's flow characteristics. And by pictures, I don't mean of a big stainless fart can on the back of the car, or a painted dash. I'm talkin pics of the turbo, manifold, charge piping, ic, bov, venting, etc. We need to see if you're using t-bolt clamps, or some ty-wraps you got from your brother-in-law on the Malta police force. How did you happen to pick this particular turbo, was it used and on someones garage floor and needed to be rebuilt? Is it new? or off of some 6 liter truck? We can help, but this isn't a veterinary clinic, you can actually help us to help you by providing this specific kind of information...
              Everything gotta be a mystery...like pullin teeth around here.
              Last edited by iceracerdude; 08-19-2009, 11:31 PM.
              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Here are some pics, but I have to say that I removed the turbo completely and returned to n/a. Because I think that I will do damage. Shall I install it back? I never boosted more than 5 or maybe 6 psi . It have no intercooler. The problem of the lack of power was the oxygen sensor. It was not working. Before I removed the turbo I change it with 1 new and it worked. I felt the power from 2000 rpm till redline but the think that fear me most is detonation. Sometimes, it felt like knocking i think any way. But that was before the fmu was installed.

Comment

Some other pics.

Comment

Some other pics.

Thanks

Comment

Some other pics....

Comment