plx dm6 wideband installation on custom 2" exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plx dm6 wideband installation on custom 2" exhaust

I got the plx dm6 wideband, a flex pipe, and a 25"x2" thrush glasspack, one of the cheap flex pipes for the bend back by the axel, and an assortment of 2" pipes for my BP swap.

For now I just need to get something mocked up good enough to run..in the future ill consider mandrel bent and bigger pipes.

Looking at the installation instructions for the wideband it says "mount the sensor 24" from the engine block for naturally aspirated and 36" for turbo engines." Right now I'm NA, I'm assuming it means 24" from the exhaust manifold gasket on the head, or is it actually meaning 24" back from the backside of the block????

Measuring roughly the center of the pipes, the closest I can get it from the manifold gasket is 27", any closer is directly beneath the oil pan, and since it needs mounted on the top of the pipe at a 15* angle away from the flow, that's not possible. 27" is straddling the back of the block and passenger axel, and I still have to fit a flex pipe right there somewhere. Will that be good enough? I haven't installed one of these before and I don't know how touchy they are or how picky I need to be.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Working...
X