Forward battery mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward battery mount

Now that it has started to warm up the work begins again on RED, my BP powered drag racer.

Paul and his friend Corey came over for a long weekend and we stripped my BP parts car of the engine, trans, radiator, entire front suspension, steering rack and wiring bundle. Eventually most of these parts will end up on the racer.

A few posts back I described building the new removable radiator cross beam with various mods done to the engine bay. One of those was making the holder for the small tractor battery than goes on the front side of the cross beam. The battery is a size U-1 and has 420 cranking amp capacity.

The battery is now in and secured in place. Heavy red wiring (4 ga) goes to the emergency shut off switch and to the ground (bumper). Further wiring to be done in the coming days once the seat is installed (prototype frame shown) and a new dash fabricated.

The battery lives inside the Aspire rear bumper cover that fits on the front of the car so it is hidden from view and given some protection (shown)

Starting to shape up! Looking to have it running by fall.
Working...
X