need your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your opinion

ok i have a fully swaped b6t festiva as most of you know, for the fuel system i ran all stainless steel braided lines, i sumped the rear of the tank and put a inline pump in, the return for the fuel sytem actully goes where the feed use to be i drilled out the top plate where the sending unit is and put a bulk head fitting in. with in the lsat 4 days its been leaking gas out the top of the gas tank where the return is, the car only has about a 1/2 tank, the car has not leaked gas since i put the gas cap on the gas tank which i found 4 days ago so im wondering if maybe the gas tank is expanding and pushing gas out the top of the tank? i caped off most of the emision vents on the gas tank when i sumped it i think i left a big one un capped i could be wrong. so is it possible the gas is pushing out there? the bulk head fitting seems tight. any other thoughts? and i noticed recently my car was bogging i wonder if this could be the problem maybe its haveing problems because of pressure in the tank? i took the gas cap off and tomarow i will probably know if it will leak or not. another question from the gas coming out the top it caused undercoating on the tank to bubble i dont want the gas tank to rust upo shouild i scrap the paint and repaint it or dont worry about it? thanks

sorry i meant to put this in the repair forum
Working...
X