Festiva/Aspire roof mod protype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva/Aspire roof mod protype

A couple of years ago I did a picture study of putting a Aspire windshield/partial roof onto a Festiva for improved aerodynamics. So with a small gap in my construction schedule on Red, my BP drag racer, I cut off a piece of the roof & the windshield pillars on my parts Festiva and trimmed up the Aspire roof and windshield framework and ROUGHLY merged them together to see what it would really look like and the amount of time and energy it would take to do it for real.

Attached are a couple of pictures of the prototype work to date. I still need to do more cutting and trimming to get it to fit all together, but it is getting closer to what I had envisioned. The Aspire roof/windshield frame is slightly wider than the Festiva, but not horribly so - close enough that it could be made to look OK.

I had planned on using the Aspire side window frames and graft them onto the Festiva frames, but I'm beginning to think that just cutting them completely off might be the simpler way of doing it. Lots of "what if's" still in my mind......

I'll spend a little more time cutting and trimming to see if I can get it to fit together better before I make any decision. At this point in time I'm sort of leaning against doing the mod, although I think it could come out looking pretty good and I would pick up some aero benefits from the mod.

Thoughts, input, opinions? You can't hurt my feelings on this proposed modification!!!! (Pictures to come soon)

Still waiting for pictures! Sounds awesome

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

For some reason I can't delete previously posted photos so have no room for a new photo showing the roof. Any ideas?

If you send me your e-mail, I'll send you photos of the roof mod. I should mention that this mod is for a race car, not a DD. It would take a ton of work to make it waterproof enough for use on the street. But it does look fairly cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Brown View Post
        For some reason I can't delete previously posted photos so have no room for a new photo showing the roof. Any ideas?

If you send me your e-mail, I'll send you photos of the roof mod. I should mention that this mod is for a race car, not a DD. It would take a ton of work to make it waterproof enough for use on the street. But it does look fairly cool.
        Sent you a pm

Comment

A

Comment

Having trouble uploading the others. I will have to try when i have wifi back at work monday

Comment

Working...
            X