Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The last Spring, Shock, and Ride Quality post

Originally posted by ruste View Post
    So these will fit on kyb gr2/excel g ???
    http://www.ground-control-store.com/...gory.php/CA=31
    Did anyone verify fitment?
    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

ressurecting an almost 19 month old thread are ya???
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
        ressurecting an almost 19 month old thread are ya???
        Heck yes! I would think there would be more intrest as neither festy nor aspire springs can be bought through normal routes. A suitable spring to work with all of the mods we do is needed!
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Talked to the ground control guys. They have the springs that we need! I just need to know the rear, not installed spring height, I have front.

Anyone able to post that?
          Last edited by Huli; 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM.
          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Originally posted by Huli View Post
            Talked to the ground control guys. They have the springs that we need! I just need to know the rear, not installed spring height, I have front.

Anyone able to post that?
            Why would you want different height front & rear? I personally dont have a problem with resurecting a "Oldy but Goodie" :thumbs_up:
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

King springs are still sold for the aspire. They come in standard height stiffer/ 1.5" drop "low"/ and 2.5 drop "super low". Sure they are from Australia. but they are the next set I am going to order when I can save some cash. Last aspire had fms springs and I loved them but next on my list is some stock height stiffer springs for more suspension travel.

If you look around they also still have listings for the lowered king springs. Direct fit.
              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

King springs are still sold for the aspire. They come in standard height stiffer/ 1.5" drop "low"/ and 2.5 drop "super low". Sure they are from Australia. but they are the next set I am going to order when I can save some cash. Last aspire had fms springs and I loved them but next on my list is some stock height stiffer springs for more suspension travel.

If you look around they also still have listings for the lowered king springs. Direct fit.
                Doesnt look like that Ebay company will ship to the USA. Do you know of anyone lse selling them that will ship to the USA?
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

...but next on my list is some stock height stiffer springs for more suspension travel
                  lovells springs should still be around in oz, they do stock springs 15-25% stiffer if you get stuck for brands

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                  Doesnt look like that Ebay company will ship to the USA. Do you know of anyone lse selling them that will ship to the USA?
                  could be worth a question i dont reckon theyd mind

if you get stuck i could pick some up and send em for you, either ebay or ill drop into parts store. i get trade there but might not be cheaper than ebay is all
                  DB103

Comment

For less than the price of lowering springs you can just get a set of eBay sleeves and summit springs, and then you get height adjustable and whatever spring rate you want.
                    Last edited by sketchman; 02-27-2013, 05:09 AM.
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Contact southwest speed about your spring needs. 29 bucks a spring, any rate a Festiva owner would need. I have about a dozen different sets of these springs for my cars, they work well . Southwest speed also sells coilover sleeves that fit nicely on rear Festiva kyb shocks and they allow a 1 7/8" I.D. spring to be used which is lighter and allows more room for bigger tires than the 2.5" I.d. eBay coilovers ( Ground control copies).
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I think I need to rephrase. I do not want to change the ride height. I want 150lb springs but need to know how long they need to be so it rides at stock height. I have KIA front springs that ride perfect.

Can anyone verify the length of 150lb rear springs?
                        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

here are the uninstalled heights i measured for a set of FMS STOCK springs vs same height for a set of FMS lowering springs:

rear STOCK - 326mm rear FMS LOWERING - 313mm
                          frnt STOCK - 352mm frnt FMS LOWERING - 292mm

Comment

Cool man!!
                            Do you happen to know the rate of the FMS rear springs?

I am running 14 inch rims. If I lower it then I will rub in the turns (like I do now)
                            Last edited by Huli; 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM.
                            "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

I want my Festiva to have a horribly uncomfortable ride lolol
                              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Remove struts. Weld in rebar.
                                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                                X