Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch
    replied
    Lol I'm finding this out bit by bit! I just posted on the fb group. Looks like there's plenty of copycat parts on amazon. And I did order the CC plates from KAI ty1

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatch View Post
    Interesting that this post never got a bunch of followup posts...
    Yea, the TBVechi are difficult to find, and according to Charlie, not helpful unless you have CC plates. Because of this, I didn't put in the effort for a follow up post, just helping people over Facebook PMs instead.

I may still make the follow up, but only for posterity really.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Interesting that this post never got a bunch of followup posts...

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Some more information:

The actual shaft of the TBvechis is M12x1.5 threaded. This should be the same as your factory struts. The other Raceland style struts ususally used in the Advanced Setup are larger M14 threads.

I believe this should allow you to use the TBvechi with Rio top hats, using the usual Washer & Lug Nut method, for those of you who didn't spring for the Camber/Caster plates from KAinjection.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    started a topic TBvechi Guide (Front Coilovers)

TBvechi Guide (Front Coilovers)

What the heck is a TBvechi, and why do you want them?

The TBvechi coilovers are a Chinese eBay coilover that offers a lot of advantages over the usual Raceland style strut used in Festiva builds for some time now.

If you aren't familiar with the Advancedynamix coilover setup, I recommend stopping here and reading this easy to follow guide from Mike :

If you are looking for a great street/track suspension that won't break the bank or you just want an upgrade to the stock suspension this is for you. I will go over each step in the order that i did them. I am sure you could do them in another order however this is just what i did. I will give as much detail as i can. I will

We have recently had a great development for the DA chassis from James Bell over at KAInjection: Caster/Camber Plates! These allow full adjustment for the Caster & Camber on the front struts.

However, they moved the relative mounting point of the struts further below the strut tower. This reduced the amount of travel in the strut (assuming ride height was kept static). If you were really low, it was borderline unusable. This is where TBvechis come in. They have a much Shorter OAL (OverAll Length) than the Raceland style struts, allowing us to keep all the travel we need while running the CC Plates.

TBvechis are also fully threaded! The lower mount is threaded onto the body. This means your ride height & preload can be adjusted independently from one another. We can also use the relationship between height and preload to really fine-tune the suspension. I'll get more into that later, with the help of Charlie (Advancedynamix), Nate (skeeters_keeper) and others who are much more knowledgeable than I.

Until then, I will at least get the shopping list started, so those of us who have ordered CC plates (or those who just want more adjustment / lower cars) can have the parts we need.

First, the TBvechis themselves. They are a Chinese company that never actually list their brand on ebay. In order to find them, you must search for keywords, and buy them based on images. The sellers constantly switch around and go out of stock, so I can't post a reliable link sadly.

I search ebay for "mk2 golf coilover" , sort by Price Lowest to Highest, then look for the right pictures. They are usually $205 to $250. They have been made in a few different color options, and always with Black bodies. Here are examples so you know what to look for. Note the TBvechi logo visible in the pictures, circled in Red.

Once you have those, you will need some slightly shorter springs than the usual guide.

10" long, 2.5" diameter 125# springs from SouthwestSpeed are great for the job.
    Make sure to order Quantity of 2.

https://www.southwestspeed.com/?sec=view_part&id=42

You will also need bumpstops. This is a very important part of the setup, don't skip them!

Use the following part number from Uro:

URO Parts 1H0 412 303B

They are less than $6 each. Order 2 of them.

That covers the basics for now. I will be adding to this with more information as I have it available.

Working...
X