• Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Thanks so much for the extra pics. So is there actual rubbing on the subframe there? Or just super tight clearances? Are you hearing any knocking or anything there?

Comment

thanks a lot and like arnie said is there ant rubbing? besides the hose???

Comment

No rubbing besides the hose. No noises.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

cool was it hard to do?

Comment

Did you notice an improvement with the rear rod?

Comment

I hope I dont get Monsoon'd for this, but, the rear bar is great and all, but is there a way to get real brakes back there too? And keep the stock pattern...?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  I hope I dont get Monsoon'd for this, but, the rear bar is great and all, but is there a way to get real brakes back there too? And keep the stock pattern...?
                  Oh, MONSOON... :razz:

Good question. I'd like to know too.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Its tough to do anything other than give an award.

And add that these wheels are the same bolt pattern as a Festiva. So MAYBE the brakes from these cars could be swapped. But Im not sure. Something to do some more searching on though.

1989-81 Mazda- 323/GLC

1985-84 Mazda- RX7 GSL-SE 14 x 5.5 40mm offset

1991-86 Mazda- RX7 14 x 5.5 40mm offset

1987-85 Mazda- 626/MX-6

1994-91 Mercury- Capri 14 x 5.5 45mm offset (16 holes)

1994-91 Mercury- Capri 15 x 6 45mm offset (3 curved spokes)

1994-91 Mercury- Topaz 14 x 5.5 (16 holes)
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Hmm... BF 323 maybe?

According to rockauto...

Festy drums are 7.63" OD (LOL)

'89 323 sedan and hatch are 8.9" OD
                      '89 323 wagon are 10" OD

'87 626 are 10.23" OD

'95 Aspire are 9.65" OD

The thing is what would fit on our spindle, or what spindle would bolt on to our beam.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

With our luck. Probably none without some type of enlarging of holes or something.
                        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          Hmm... BF 323 maybe?

According to rockauto...

Festy drums are 7.63" OD (LOL)

'89 323 sedan and hatch are 8.9" OD
                          '89 323 wagon are 10" OD

'87 626 are 10.23" OD

'95 Aspire are 9.65" OD

The thing is what would fit on our spindle, or what spindle would bolt on to our beam.
                          Using the Festy spindle seems to require the Festy drum. If you put a larger diameter drum on, then the brake shoes will not contact it, or do so very weakly at best. And since most braking is done by the front, I wouldn't bother for a daily driver--unless you needed something more powerful for competition purposes.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Today I finally put on the Aspire front sway bar I got a couple of months ago at the JY; I forget if it was from an auto or manual, but it looks just like the one on my manual Aspire. I mounted it right-side-up BTW.

Someone suggested shimming up the radiator for clearance. I thought this was to prevent the bar contacting the rad, but on my car the Aspire bar contacts the lower rad hose. Tmw I'm going to drain the coolant, remove the rad hose and cut off 1/2" from the end that connects to the radiator. This will give the clearance needed.

As far as clearance from the transmission crossmember, I'm not yet sure it contacts it, but if so it's just barely. I might do some shimming with washers to solve that issue.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Are the bolts long enough to shim with washers?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                              92 GL - parts car
                              97 aspire - parts car
                              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                                Are the bolts long enough to shim with washers?
                                I am pretty sure they are, and it would only take one or two washers; but I've been thinking of just greasing the bar where it contacts the crossmember (if it actually does) and leaving it at that.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                                X