X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
    Fronts should direct swap, rears will have the spring perch lower, but should clear stock 13" tire sizes. def. won't clear 185-65-14's.
    I was pretty sure the Festy GR2 fronts were a direct swap onto an Aspire, but just wanted some confirmation. And I do have the Aspire rears on my Festy for the higher spring perch. My tires are 185/60x14 on AR Estrellas; there is no rubbing going on. Thanks for ur input everyone.
    Last edited by TominMO; 08-22-2010, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    Fronts should direct swap, rears will have the spring perch lower, but should clear stock 13" tire sizes. def. won't clear 185-65-14's.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
    http://fordaspire.5.forumer.com/inde...showtopic=3545
    "-KYB GR-2 front, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks (removed Fiesta-spec rear GR-2's to allow fitting larger rear wheels) wearing stock springs (eBay coil-overs removed)"

I assume you're on FA.com... I'm not, so you might want to shoot that guy a PM to be sure no mods were needed.
    Thanks for the info. I'm sure he meant Festiva.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    I assume (it's a post from 2008 ) that it's probably supposed to say Festiva, but I'm not entirely sure. Worth asking to find out... even Ford Aspire/Festiva owners mix them up apparently haha.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Fiesta-spec struts? Would those even bolt up?

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied

"-KYB GR-2 front, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks (removed Fiesta-spec rear GR-2's to allow fitting larger rear wheels) wearing stock springs (eBay coil-overs removed)"

I assume you're on FA.com... I'm not, so you might want to shoot that guy a PM to be sure no mods were needed.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    started a topic Festiva GR2 on Aspire?

Festiva GR2 on Aspire?

Is there any reason I can't use the KYB GR2 struts for the front of a Festiva on the front of an Aspire? I like the GR2 feel better than the Monroes.

On my Festiva I had GR2s on front and rear, but changed the rears to Aspire Monroes to get the higher spring perch. I think the rear GR2s had a better feel, but I am done with rear spacers. Comparing them side by side, the Festy rear GR2s had a thicker shaft than the rear Aspire Monroes, and different valving too, no doubt.

I know I'll be stuck with Monroes on the rear of the Aspire, But I thought at least I can get the Festy GR2s on the front. Good idea, bad idea?
Working...
X