Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Spring Section from a stock car book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Spring Section from a stock car book...

Here ya go:

Now you can have the chassis and suspension technology that is winning races right now. The information in this book is currently being used by top teams in Touring Late Models, All Modified Divisions, Stock Clip Late Models, Mini Cars, Road Racing Sedans and all other types of stock cars to setup their cars for asphalt and dirt track racing. Stock Car Setup Secrets takes the "guesswork" out of chassis setup. Chassis expert Bob Bolles, offers detailed information on all aspects of racing chassis engineering. Book jacket.

Author claims that sometimes, if not often, the marked spring rate on your brand new springs will be wrong. Also talks about spring fatigue and more. (Be sure and go up a page from where the link takes you for the start of the chapter.)

Makes me want to find a place to get my springs checked, etc. It does seem right to get your components matched as closely as possible mathematically before you put them together and fine tune on the track. On the other hand, my math fu is weak.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-02-2010, 06:02 AM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project
Working...
X