Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break valve

sir/experts,

did you encounter the leaks on your break valve?did you repair or replace the parts?is there repair kit on it?or just replace the part?i'll wait for reply's and thank you po.

Why bother rebuilding?

Comment

I would never repair any thing that if it was to fail you could die, suspension, break line,
      and so on, its just better to replace it! probably wouldn't save much money even of you could repair it but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
        I would never repair any thing that if it was to fail you could die, suspension, break line,
        and so on, its just better to replace it! probably wouldn't save much money even of you could repair it but that's just my opinion.
        A lot of people have rebuilt brake calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinders, etc for generations now.

If youre not comfortable with it, don't do it. Theres plenty of change to be saved by fixing things on your own rather than replacing parts. As a bonus, when you follow the "repair, dont replace" tenet, you get to learn exactly how things work/interact, which is especially desirable information when diagnosing difficult problems.

Unless youre following the new "diagnostic procedure" of tossing your wallet at the problem until it goes away or you get within 80% of the resale value of thr vehicle before giving up on it, in which case, please replace as much as possible. Less the new owner will have to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by simplenewbie View Post
          sir/experts,

did you encounter the leaks on your break valve?did you repair or replace the parts?is there repair kit on it?or just replace the part?i'll wait for reply's and thank you po.
          Do you mean the bleeder valve?

Comment

I thought he was talking about the break block valve to controle front to rear breaking thats why I said to replace it. but I dont know lol

Comment

I also assumed prop valve. I dont believe there is an available rebuild method or kit for them.

Comment

to all,

thanks for all the reply,i will replacing the break valve,maybe next week,i'll canvass first ,i heard that the new one is 3.6k pesos,i will look for surplus too.thanks po

Comment

If it's broken, it is going to leak You can buy cheap (notice the word choice) universal proportioning valves like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ad...636#vi-content
                  In any case, if you look for it online use the work "brake", it will give better results. Good luck!
                  Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                    If it's broken, it is going to leak You can buy cheap (notice the word choice) universal proportioning valves like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ad...636#vi-content
                    In any case, if you look for it online use the work "brake", it will give better results. Good luck!
                    Can you send another link for a universal one?

Comment

Is someone looking for one of these brake prop valve for front/rear? I have one
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X