Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run -3 all the time. As long as your toe is zeroed, you won't notice tire wear problems and you'll get much better ride stability and wet weather traction in the rear. It also helps with fuel mileage. I've been running lots of negative camber on these cars for years now and have yet to see a problem with it. I'm at around -4 degrees now!
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      Run -3 all the time. As long as your toe is zeroed, you won't notice tire wear problems and you'll get much better ride stability and wet weather traction in the rear. It also helps with fuel mileage. I've been running lots of negative camber on these cars for years now and have yet to see a problem with it. I'm at around -4 degrees now!
      wanna make me some rear camber plates?
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
        wanna make me some rear camber plates?
        I can't even afford to make them for myself. Lol. I'm first in line to buy a set from whoever makes them. I think Nate is considering making them for the Festiva store.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I see you had some in your past photos were they not yours?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah, I made those 3 years ago when I was tuning Tweak. You need different ones for different ride heights. If I were to tool up to make them now I'd have 500 bucks a set into them. I'm swamped with orders for Apache helicopter parts. That pays a little more than car parts.

Comment

Thats just cool!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yea, I'm working on it. Right now my 4 axis machine is setup for making titanium pieces for superconducting cyclotron coils... I thought I would have been able to make a few sets by now (I need 2-3 sets immediately myself!) but I've just been too swamped.

Plan is to make them for ~ -3° for now. I know I won't make much money on them, but since I need some I figure I'll make a fixture and supply a few sets to others (through the festiva store).
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                  Yea, I'm working on it. Right now my 4 axis machine is setup for making titanium pieces for superconducting cyclotron coils... I thought I would have been able to make a few sets by now (I need 2-3 sets immediately myself!) but I've just been too swamped.

Plan is to make them for ~ -3° for now. I know I won't make much money on them, but since I need some I figure I'll make a fixture and supply a few sets to others (through the festiva store).
                  you could send me a sent!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                      is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?
                      Not for the festiva! and i think the 3000gt cars had something like that. I think they called it 4 wheel steer. But they canceled it!
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The festiva already has this in the front! It's called a steering rack... :grin: ... sorry, couldn't resist.

Other cars have 4 wheel steering, quite a list of them actually. Some RX7s are a common one. Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...wheel_steering

Now, wether it's really beneficial or not is another issue.
                        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

The festiva does this without complicated contol systems. Think about what happens to a trailing beam during articulation. The outside toes in and the inside toes out. The more negative camber you have, the more this happens. Do you think it's a fluke that these things out handle supercars with ease? Our little cars are amazingly well designed, but they detuned them. The trailing beam is the best design I've ever worked with.
                          With my 5 degree spacers the toe change is almost 1:1. So basically 1 inch of suspension articulation causes 1" of toe variation between sides. I'm excited to dial this in and see what it does on the track. There is a good reason why I've spent so much time with this chassis when I have a garage full of supercars to play with whenever I want. The Festiva chassis is no joke.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Where do I set my spring nut height to install

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                              Where do I set my spring nut height to install

im confused by this picture!
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                                im confused by this picture!
                                How do I know where to put my spring nut for install. Not Pedro ride height, not off road either

Comment

Working...
                                X