X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    I'm not sure if it means 150LB or maybe 150kg or something, but it is way too short. You want minimum 10" preferably 12" springs in the front.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Coilover question

Does this number code mean it's a 150# spring? Is this the spring I'll use for my ultimate suspension setup once I purchase the mk2 struts?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Hit me up on Monday/Tuesday Mike, we are going to knock through it

- Korean Note 4 via Tapatalk -

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I can repost them maybe! Tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Geminigiant
    replied
    Is this thread going to get its pictures redone?

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Very nice guys, I would really like to do this so I can lower this baby. Gotta do some work on my Capri first.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Mine have a build date stamped on them of January of 2017. Looks like you got the last of the old batch maybe!?

Leave a comment:

• joeboomer999
    replied
    must be quite a recent change, i grabbed a set around 2 weeks ago and they look like this.

hopefully i grabbed the right set lol. This was the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-V...53.m2749.l2649

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    Pics please.
    20170625_084620.jpg

20170625_084616.jpg

I havr not swapped my springs yet but here is the new coilovers. Also u can sre how i put tape on the body. This allows me to cut only the areas i want to.u can use paint or whatrver u want but for me the tape works best

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Pics please.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    The coilovers from hot tunning on ebay are now a bit different. I like them much better now. The lower body is much simpler and heavier duty. The mounting brackets that the bolts go through is now flat and much stronger looking.

If you look back at my original holes i messed them up big time. I was a bit on the drunk side. I have since found out its best to slot the lower hole up a bit (1/4"ish) and the upper hole inward a bit (1/8"ish). This will do 2 things. #1 it will lower the strut on the knuckle by the (1/4"ish) and #2 it will allow you to add in the neg camber.

One issue with the new design is that the upper corner of the mounting tab is quite square. It makes the corner stick out more the i would like. I am running 13" rims and i will have to use a small spacer to clear the strut mounting tab.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I used the Afco sleeves on my first set. They offer a 7" long sleeve too iirc. That's a nice option to have.

Leave a comment:

• reddragon
    replied
    If any Aussies are looking at parts for this upgrade, there's cheap AFCO coilover sleeve kits (to suit rear - MK1 golf KYB struts) available at the moment,
    $42 per kit (2 needed) here
    Probably the cheapest you will find in Oz at the moment. Only 2 left so be quick!
    Last edited by reddragon; 05-17-2017, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    They where used on the spring perches that come with the shocks not the coil over sleeves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    Yeah tom used them but with stock springs.
    Wouldn't they be a little large?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X