X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I have taken the suspension off of Stress Relief and put it on Lucifer. I then test drove Stress to make sure it was all working as it should. Pulling out of the drive way i was like WTF is wrong with this thing! The suspension listed in the thread is night and day from stock. The rims and tires i put on it. The rio brakes and steering rack. After just one trip around the block i cant see how i ever liked driving the stock festiva! This car stock is a NO NO. Spend a bit of cash and time on your ride and you will be much much happier!

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    .....even if i developed a methamphetamine addiction and lived to 100.....
    I think these two are pretty much mutually exclusive! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    now who gonna believe DAT? even if i developed a methamphetamine addiction and lived to 100 i doubt i could get a 1/4 the tinkerin you've shown on these pages. i could blame it on the 5 months of winter hibernation each year but it's really just bein lazy. ah well, you do inspire.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    thanks for input. can't help but space out some times thinking weird theories. easier than actually doing something and disproving weird theory.
    Story of my life. Lol

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    thanks for input. can't help but space out some times thinking weird theories. easier than actually doing something and disproving weird theory.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    The car in hard cornering is trying to unload the inside wheels though, right? I would imagine the inside wheels don't do much, especially in the rear of these cars.
    This is mostly true. Which is why the handling improves so much with negative camber. The wheel with all the weight is not only more flat in a curve, it's also pointing the car in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    The rear does a lot more than you'd think. The stock shocks and springs are too soft for aggressive driving.
    And way too long. If you take 3" out of the stock shocks the car handles much better.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    The rear does a lot more than you'd think. The stock shocks and springs are too soft for aggressive driving.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    The car in hard cornering is trying to unload the inside wheels though, right? I would imagine the inside wheels don't do much, especially in the rear of these cars.
    Last edited by sketchman; 04-17-2016, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    Mercedes did that with a concept car a few years ago but did it with the front wheels F400 carve

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?
    don't know why i said "toe" in this question. no wonder i got some weird replies. i did mean to say CAMBER. especially as it applies to the rear. in other words, if some neg camber on the left wheel helps counteract the g forces in a right hand turn, would you get ultimate handling if at the same time the right wheel took on an equivalent pos CAMBER?

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Confusing to me but Im not the brightest bulb. Maybe if I saw it in a diagram it would help me. But thanks for the clarification-

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    As the beam rotates toe out turns into negative camber and negative camber turns into toe in.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-16-2016, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Yes, as you lower the car your toe out will become negative camber.
    If you lower a car with a rear beam you get Neg Toe & Neg Camber... yes or no? Thanks-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X