quick ratio steering rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct ! ^
    We drained all the fluid out, you have to work it back and fourth a lot to get it all........

..........Oh, you went there 8-)
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-06-2016, 04:47 PM.
    No car too fast !

Comment

So is there a way to get a faster steering manual rack on the festiva? Id rather upgrade mine soon over rebuild.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I had two different power racks from 2001 / 2002 rio . Both had smaller sized shaft at the rack itself . Not sure on top of the joint thou . But if critters were playing with the nipples could they have looked larger .
        Last edited by shadetree; 01-06-2016, 06:41 PM.
        New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          I had two different power racks from 2001 / 2002 rio . Both had smaller sized shaft at the rack itself . Not sure on top of the joint thou . But if critters were playing with the nipples could they have looked larger .
          I'll double check which years I have fitted so far. the one I just did is an '02, and the one I sent to Charlie is an '03.
          Everything looks larger with these reading glasses, even the nipples.....
          No car too fast !

Comment

wish I saw this a few hrs ago, there was an 05 rio at the junkyard with the motor/trans already out. I could of had the rack out in a few minutes

Comment

When you say side rods, do you mean inner or outer? I know the outers are different tapers IIRC, but are the lengths off too so you have to change the inners?
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I mean the whole side rod, the Rio one is too long,
                use the end that matches your spindles/knuckles
                No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                  So is there a way to get a faster steering manual rack on the festiva? Id rather upgrade mine soon over rebuild.
                  Yes, use a rio power rack without the lines hooked up.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                    Thanks Shadetree, my Kia rep confirms part change in July 2002 for the Kia Rio power rack.
                    So we need late July 2002 through 2005 Kia Rio power rack to replace Festiva alloy rack for a faster steering ratio. I don't know how different the steel tube Festiva rack is.

Charlie, can you correct post #3?
                    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-13-2016, 01:54 PM.
                    No car too fast !

Comment

Ryal, did you use the Rio universal joint or the Festiva? Is it possible that the racks are both usable, but you need the rio universal joint?
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Can i tell which rack my festiva has by its year? 1991 auto? Im not home to stick a magnet to it.
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

As I recall, the Rio coupling was too long, so I used the Festiva one. Maybe I took a picture, I'll look.
                          No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                            Can i tell which rack my festiva has by its year? 1991 auto? Im not home to stick a magnet to it.
                            '91 auto came with an alloy rack.
                            No car too fast !

Comment

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

'02 (late) KIA Rio power rack with Festive side rods and pinion coupling installed.
                                2015-08-25_17-30-04_221.jpg
                                This was recently fitted to "Ethel", Carolyn's DD
                                Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-13-2016, 03:08 PM. Reason: info
                                No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                                X