Junkyard rally frankenstiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard rally frankenstiva

Alright guys new to the modification world when it comes to suspension. I have alot of junkyards and car parts, and im wanting to build a rally racer. I love running the backroads but the suspension is to low and narrow. Throw me some ideas i.e. stuff i can take from other cars to put on mine. Id like it raised a few inches with a slightly wider wheelbase. Nothing crazy, just feels like a fridge balancing on a skateboard out there lol.

You can easily raise the car by switching struts and springs on front and back but you will have to be wary of the higher spring rates not handling well. You can use the Advanced Suspension setup set to the highest adjustment and just throw some taller tires on it to add ground clearance. Just depends on how much money you want to spend... You will get a lot better feel by switching to a 14"-15" wheel with shorter sidewalls.

If you need more info just let us know.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

There is one or 2 guys on the forum here who have actually rally raced a festiva. Probably best to talk to them about what they did. I know you need ground clearance but most rally cars sit pretty low and just use skid plated i thought? Lifting it will just make it feel more tippy. I cant remember the guys names, but their car looks like this. Ill see if i can find them...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright thanks for the feedback. Was gonna start by looking at bigger or wider tires. Maybe from the fox body mustang. Thoughts?

Comment

Fox Body is 4x108 iirc. You need to look for 4x114.3

Something 5.5 - 6.5 inches wide work pretty well depending on Offset.
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

Message the guys who have rally raced the festiva and see what they used and tried.
            On the pavement switching to a 165/55 r14 and adding some negative camber makes the car far more stable.
            However on gravel/dirt with limited traction it may be more similar to ice racing where you want a narrow tire like 145 or 155.
            A knobby 145/80 12, 155/80 12 or 155 80 13 might be the way to go. But again, message the guys who know.

Comment

Awsome thanks guys! I searched for 2 weeks for This forum lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slefevre View Post
                Awsome thanks guys! I searched for 2 weeks for This forum lol
                Oh, didnt realize you were new here, welcome! Nothing crazy you say? So not like this?
                The wide and tall suspension is typically just for offroading. You can put rims on it with an offset that sticks the tires way out like the one in here but youll go through bearings more often.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-26-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I would love to see the bottom side of that first picture because it looks like he has a good bit of ground clearance while stile utilizing the Festiva parts and using probably 25" tires from the look of it. Wondering if he spaced the sway bar or not to get that high...
                  sigpic

Comment

Guys like in first pics not going mudding lol thanks tho

Comment

Working...
                    X