Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Negative. A few couple other tricks up my absentee sleeve, but I'll let Sasquatch post those at his leisure.

Leave a comment:

• russian
    replied
    Lower tie bar design is a great info! Did you even get yourself an upper strut bar?

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
    looks great loveeee the lowered stance

how do you like the 500/400 spring setup?

lots of people on here think thats wayyy to hard for the festiva but i like mine alot.

(i think spring rate and drivers age have a negative correlation )
    I actually used the blue springs... the red ones are just sitting around in the car right now. 500/400 would be way too stiff! The blue ones are 175/150, which makes for a comfortable but firm drive.

Leave a comment:

• festyfreak39
    replied
    looks great loveeee the lowered stance

how do you like the 500/400 spring setup?

lots of people on here think thats wayyy to hard for the festiva but i like mine alot.

(i think spring rate and drivers age have a negative correlation )

Leave a comment:

• 89newb
    replied
    great build dude. seriously awesome. I just landed in a 1989 'tiva L completely stock. I got a long list ahead of me but can only hope for progress and an outcome as good as yours has been. Great work!

Leave a comment:

• stdsmt22
    replied
    nice...

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    How rare is that body stripe? It certainly is huge. I am going to put a red swoosh one on my green Festiva when the weather warms up in the spring. Make sure you do a good job masking so that there is absolutely no overspray on that neat decal.
    Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
    Looking good! Loving the new stance :thumbright:
    Thanks, gents!

Dan, the body stripe was a dealer option in the 1990 brochure. I haven't seen many of them, and mine's in much worse shape than pictures let on. I don't think it will survive body work and paint next year, but I can stencil or trace or something it if you'd like a hard copy for future purposes.

Here's a little low-speed testing video. Corner was 43 to 37KPH decel and slalom was 50KPH both times. Not a huge difference, but you can certainly feel how much more stable and flat it is through the corners now:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Looking good! Loving the new stance :thumbright:

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    rare body stripe

How rare is that body stripe? It certainly is huge. I am going to put a red swoosh one on my green Festiva when the weather warms up in the spring. Make sure you do a good job masking so that there is absolutely no overspray on that neat decal.

Leave a comment:

• sasquatch
    replied
    i knew i forgot somthing.... thanks

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    replied
    Nice, Looks like Sasquatch just took out the struts and didn't put them back in the front. lol

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Blue springs, gold hardware, 2 hours, and plenty of elbow grease. We're probably going to bring the front up a little more in the immediate future, but darn does it look sexy that low or what? Here are some comparison shots with the OEM uncut Aspire springs!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Bronzoil bushings

It was the Corksport Bronzoil bushings.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Update coming up shortly... Sasquatch and I (mostly Sasquatch haha) got the coilovers installed today! We should have some photos and videos up in the next couple days... car has been totally transformed now!

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Hey Woody,

Thanks very much. I snagged a six-pack of NOS (New Old Stock) Ford Bushings from an Australian seller on Ebay. He no longer seems to be selling them unfortunately! Will keep you posted if I see them pop up again... three solutions:

1. a few members make their own, but they're tough to get a hold of. Anyone with a lathe can help you here, and chunks of hard poly material are useful too obviously.
    2. one member developed some brass ones... I'll try and find his build thread. He didn't get pictures up though IIRC.
    3. if you're very resourceful or have a lot of time, you could spend a day cross-referencing every Energy Suspension bushing known to mankind to find a solution.

Cheers,

Aaron

Leave a comment:

Working...
X