Aspire BP swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    I think this is an auto radiator that was swapped into my manual parts car. There's really just not any room between the bp manifold and the radiator support/s. I need one that isn't as wide that won't even be between the manifold and support...then that battery box is going to be the next issue because it's only 4" back from the upper support. Also the stock fan is a solid 5-6" thick, so that would be touching the block/head/transmission mount/battery tray if I could even squeeze it in. I was really hoping I would have room to use a stock radiator, but now that I actually get it in there....no, it's just not possible for me to do it... I was even looking at ways to mount the fan on the front side of the radiator, and the headlights/hood latch just won't allow it.

That would be interesting though if you wanted to break out a tape measure and see if there's any differences in festiva and aspire engine bays ^.^
    I wanted to put the much larger ATX Rad back in my Aspire last week when I completed my MTX Conversion. I ended up scraping the idea right away and put the MTX Rad in its place. There was some "Fitment" issues that I didnt think justified the larger Rad. and the hassle's that it required. So I just went with the smaller MTX unit. But I also rotated & lowered the engine tranny.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Seems like an interesting build, good luck with the rad
      Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
      Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
      WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• Had to do a LOT of running today to get things set up and papers faxed.for my new job, plus some other things, so I didn't get any time in the garage. I did run around and grab the intake pieces, cone filter, some vacuum hose plugs, and a new bypass line oring. Got all that put together and installed in about 15 minutes after getting home. The 60* bend, a blue coupling, extension pipe with plugged holes, and short cone filter fit like a glove. I don't like that its a 3" inlet tube but there's nothing I can do, its all the carry...stupid hondas and their 70mm TBs for a 150hp motor....

This thing really sets off the engine bay imo, a little paint, more yellow stuff and this might actually look good some day! I need to see if it will run first.

The guy at advance sold me on this 15$ of Lucas brake in oil additive, he said it has a high zinc % so it sticks better during break in. He said to also use a conventional oil instead of synthetic for break in? I dont.know, never.broke in an engine before...

Oh also snagged a blue crankcase breather filter! Hard to see but its there, the cone filter pretty much covers the mess of wires under it, I'm lovin it... Really, its starting to come together. Keep your fingers.crossed!
        Attached Files
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• ZOOM whats up with this project? Just to busy? Hope your enjoying the new job btw...

Comment

• Ingram Barge Company screwed me and if it were up to them my family would be starving right now...

But I digress.

I'm back to work at my old job, at least for a couple months, or as long as I can deal with it. I just about got the exhaust done up, its 2" downpipe to cherrybomb, then 2 1/4" back to and over the axle, gotta go buy a thrush turbo muffler soon and finish it completely. I had to cut out my own flanges and maKe my own 90* bends, it a real piece of work but it should get the job done.

I suppose its about time for some royal purple, 10w30 conventional, and a battery?
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Oh sorry to hear about the job. PICS !

Comment

Working...
              X