Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sketchman
    replied
    lol Yeah, I tell people I think the PO got bored and drunk and all he had was a marker.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    You can thank Eurotiva for that.

Leave a comment:

• NateHertz
    replied
    Nice build man that rally blue gunna look great feel like all your photos are labeled for dum dums lol with the paint marker.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Cleaned and painted VC. I kept waiting for the paint to dry cause it stayed shiny. Turns out I bought semi-gloss. Oh well.

Oh, and I forgot I also modded it a bit. Cut off the timing cover backing half moon piece and just left the timing indicator.

Last edited by sketchman; 08-22-2015, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    My driver's seat was beat on the outer side and it was super uncomfortable to sit in.

I have a scrap Kia Sedona with captain's chairs in the yard. Hmm. Let's make this work. Turns out they are nice and square on the bottom and mount to a secondary base that gives them a hinge and quick release function. So, you just take that off and fab a bracket.

I would dearly like to meet the man who was in charge of laying out the Festiva seat to body bolts and their respective boss locations and heights and give him a swift kick in the pants. Why, just why?

The whole time I'm thinking, "And I have to make another one of these."

Many hours of work.

I win.

I will say that though it made sense for me to use these seats cause they were free I would use something else. They are HEAVY like you wouldn't believe, but very comfortable. You get 2 armrests, one of which I took off, cause the seats are kinda wide. Mine also ended up shifted to the left somehow. I measured at least 11 billion times, but trying to adjust things I got off somewhere.

It also looks like the Sedona could be a source for manual seat belts, which I never considered before. I will investigate this further another day.
    Last edited by sketchman; 08-12-2015, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    ^ lol

Who needs a truck? Well most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• blueoval
    replied
    that's the color of my festiva and that's how I got my b6-me home, you should of seen the guy's eyes that had my engine on the end of a fork left when I backed up in old blue and popped the hatch

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Will do.

Better pics. Tinted the rear quarters. Tried the rear glass again, and have decided I just can't do it, so I got thoroughly ticked, tore it off twice, and I ordered a strip kit and yet more tint for the front windows.

Bobbed.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Keep those a.c. parts

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    No AC. Can't stand the clutter. I'll have enough with the turbo bits that it'll aggravate me already.

Tinted the rear quarter windows today. Should get at least the back done tomorrow. If I can finally do it.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    No a.c.? All the stock festy stiff fits

Leave a comment:

• SWRT
    replied
    Can't wait for the World Rally Blue. That should be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Mechanic friend was painting a trailer and had some Rusto black semi-gloss left over with hardener and thinner already mixed in. So, I sprayed my bumpers and the black around the windows and mirrors.

It's too bright outside right now, but these are the best I could do.

Also have the bobtail mod done, and will do a bobtail+ in the future. It'll be a poor mans ATH-ish bumper.

Next week (hopefully) will be a full paint job with WRX blue which was also left over, but looks so sweet. It's a little brighter than the stock blue, but I'll match well I think. And I'll repaint the wheels either semi-gloss black or something crazy. Not sure yet.
    Last edited by sketchman; 08-01-2015, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Thanks. Can't wait till it's turbo and painted.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    very nice sketch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X