Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axlander9289
    replied
    I kind of want one now... My Festivas have gotten me into old Mazda's. I'd like to find a good 1980's B series pickup too.

Leave a comment:

• MazKid
    replied
    Originally posted by Axlander9289
    Weren't 929's rear drive?
    Yes...there were 2 generations, 1989-1991 and 1992-1994.

I'm interested in the 1st generation, they are bulletproof reliability wise, lots of interior space, etc. The 1990-1991 929S had the DOHC 3L, 197hp and 197ft lbs. I like the style over the 2nd gens, which were Eunos-inspired and a very rounded shape, the problem was that due to this shape, they lacked interior space, and the trunk space was mess up by the fuel tank placement. They are larger and heavier too.

Here's the cleanest 929S I've seen in a long time:

Leave a comment:

• Dave G
    replied
    Originally posted by MazKid
    Originally posted by Dave G
    I'm with Safety Guy. And I seriously doubt it's really rust free - why the extra paint, except to cover up the bondo?
    To cover up someone's flower designs...I saw it...there are faded flower shapes on the bumpers from it. lol
    Great! Maybe the flowers were to cover the bondo? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    Weren't 929's rear drive?

Leave a comment:

• MazKid
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave G
    I'm with Safety Guy. And I seriously doubt it's really rust free - why the extra paint, except to cover up the bondo?
    To cover up someone's flower designs...I saw it...there are faded flower shapes on the bumpers from it. lol

What a pile. I figure I'll hold out and either find a Festy or a 929. I'm not in any sort of rush, but when I saw the car on craigslist it looked good...upclose, it's a whole 'nuther story!

Leave a comment:

• Dave G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    If I really, really, REALLY wanted it, I think my "top offer" would be $300. If I were just "picking up an extra car," then it would be more like $150 or less.

I think you made the right decision.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    That might be a 90 L plus. The ones Ive seen have the wide body molding like the 88/89s. I cant really see the molding from the pics but the door panels are definitely an upgrade from the L model. Plus it has the black roof pillars. Maybe miami could pick it up, he is our man is STL.

Leave a comment:

• MazKid
    replied
    Nah, that's not rubberized, it's just painted dark gray to "match" the bumper...the car would be a nightmare to repaint anyway with all that paint slapped on it.

Well, after some thinking, it's a bit foolish for me to think about getting another car at this moment...I have 3...I was just thinking it would be cool to have a Festiva and do the swap, but I've still got projects for my 3 cars to keep me occupied.

If anyone wants to buy this car, here is the link to the Craigslist ad:

I hope someone gets it and enjoys it.

Leave a comment:

• stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by 25Horseplay
    It might not be a LX. I was looking at it the first time on my phone!
    Fair enough!

I was just thinking, if that is the rubberized coating on the lower half, it will be a pain to remove if you want to paint. I dont know how well that stuff sands down... (cause it stays kinds soft)

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    That car is junkyard fodder. Offer 200, 250 tops. He's not going to get more than that from any sane person anyway. I paid $100 for my first one with a banged up body and a cooked clutch. I still drove it for a year and sold it running like a champ. All that being said, the body looks good, and it would be a great starting point for a big project, for the right price.

Leave a comment:

• FB71
    replied
    I got both of mine for free, but Uncle Fester had some significant rust, and there's not a straight panel on my 90.

Leave a comment:

• SimonTuffGuy
    replied
    How many people are getting a straight-body, rust-free car for those prices though? Not too many.

Leave a comment:

• 25Horseplay
    replied
    It might not be a LX. I was looking at it the first time on my phone!

Leave a comment:

• MazKid
    replied
    Well I'm thinking about it from the price standpoint. I don't want to spend over $1K total to have a nice car...now then, I'll have to buy a new clutch probably, and tires, then paint eventually. It's a close call...it was either a Festiva or a '90-'91 929S. I don't know what's wrong with me that I need to buy a 4th car, but I just feel like doing it. haha

It just makes me rethink the deal when I hear people getting these cars for free or $100...$450 seems like a lot compared to that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X