How much should I pay for a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I pay for a Festiva?

I'm in the market for a Festiva and I'd like to hear from you all to get an idea of what I should be paying for one, since I don't know much about them.

I found two locally. One is a '93 with a bad transmission and faded paint for $650 and the other runs good and is $900. Both are 5 speed manuals and appear to have decent bodies, but a couple minor dents are present. Do these prices seem reasonable?
    $650 seems a bit high for a 15 year old economy car that needs paint and has a busted tranny, but I'm totally new to Festivas so if you all think it's a good deal I might consider it.

Thanks in advance for all opinions.

You didn't say anything about mileage. $650 seems to be a fair price for the average road worthy festiva. Most of the time good running festivas don't stay on the market long. So keep your money handy and jump on the car you want.

David

Comment

I've paid 1700$ CAN for my Festiva 1993 LX. Good motor, good trans (5speed), good body (no dent), low km and good interior.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

I paid $100 for my first one with a bad clutch, oil leaks, dented body, and bald tires. I paid $1200 for my second with a new clutch, wheel bearings, brakes, and tires, cold air, and a straight body and clean interior. I think the $900 is a bit more reasonable than $650 for one that needs a transmission. I'd say $300 tops for that one.
        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

i paid $900 for mine and it needed very little to get it on the road

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I paid on average $156.25 for my last four. I parted out one and it paid for all the others plus some.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by dahodges
              You didn't say anything about mileage.
              Oops ops: The $650 one doesn't list the mileage and the $900 has 200K.

Originally posted by freshtiva
              I paid on average $156.25 for my last four. I parted out one and it paid for all the others plus some.
              Dang that's pretty cheap. A few weeks ago there was one on the other side of the state that didn't run, so the owner was giving it away for free. I'm really kicking myself for not picking that one up :x

They are both on Craigslist, here are the links:

I really dig the roof rack on the green one 8)

Thanks for all of the comments so far, I'll probably look at them both this weekend!

Comment

if your in the ky region mine is for sale and its in good shape
                There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntry_boi06
                  if your in the ky region mine is for sale and its in good shape
                  I'm in New Mexico, but I'm ok with paying a car to get it shipped if it's nice enough (I once had a car shipped from PA and it wasn't too expensive), or even flying out and driving it back.

I did see yours in the for sale forum, but I want a manual for sure. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

The white one is a '90 LX, possibly the most sought after Festiva. It has the low back seats and power mirrors that practically everyone on this board drools over. It looks clean and seems to have a straight body. Even with the mileage, I think It would be a good buy for $900 provided that it runs alright. That being said, there's nothing wrong with offering $750.
                    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, Id say its a LX too. By the looks of the wide body molding, black roof pillars, passengerside mirror, etc. Looks clean too. If you buy the other one Ill buy the roof rack from you if you dont like it.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah that roof rack is very rare and would make you alot of cash if you chose to sell it after buying the car.

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
                          yeah that roof rack is very rare and would make you alot of cash if you chose to sell it after buying the car.

Oh thanks :roll:
                          sigpic

Comment

They are only worth what someone will pay for them.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                              They are only worth what someone will pay for them.
                              I sold two badly faded rear festiva mudflaps for $60 bucks, with that being said.

Comment

Working...
                              X