Making progress finally on my Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making progress finally on my Festy

Well I got the knuckles replaced with some lower milage ones until I can get new bearings in my old ones. That was an amazing difference, I guess 251k can wear some parts out....lol. I got my LKQ fender on that I picked up while down for Dean's memorial service. Much better and no body work now. I am doing the door jambs today in preparation for some good weather next week to spray on some paint. I already had the top done in Black Metallic and wet sanded and buffed most of the imperfections out. I also got the Hyundai Tiberon rear wing with the LED third brake light installed, it is growing on me. I wanted a Festy rear wing but my budget wouldn't allow it. I also picked up a set of clear side repeaters that I need to drill the holes for before I paint. Those will be nice if people actually pay attention to them in traffic.

Next comes a decent 89 LX interior and then I need to save up for my new carpet and a Fatty Pipe for the exhaust.

I will post some progress pictures when I get them. It may actually turn out nice enough for a FOTM. As you all know I have been trying for that one...lol

Thank you everyone for helping me locate parts and giving me plenty of advice. It's nice to know someone appreciates my efforts. My wife is getting ready to have me sent to the Happy Ward. She thinks I have lost my mind. But before you beat her up, she supports me no matter what I am doing.
    Last edited by kartracer46; 04-08-2010, 09:15 AM.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"
Working...
X