What happens when my brother tries to drive like me in my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when my brother tries to drive like me in my car

Since both my cars (Festy and Vibe) are standard and my girlfriend is just learning to drive- she doesn't want to mess with standards yet, I've swapped the vibe for my brother's automatic Sentra for her to practice.

Bit of backstory- the Vibe is set up with somewhat loose springs and a super stiff rear sway bar. Handles really nice but it's VERY unruly in the tight turns- the loose springs cause a bunch of weight transfer shifting it from hard understeer to hard oversteer if you don't brake at the right moment.

So, he ends up braking nowhere near the right moment, he was compensating for the understeer when the weight transferred up front. Spun out, jumped a curb.

Impact separations in both the left tires, right front tire is toast, and the body flex made the windshield tense up, he swatted a mosquito that was buzzing against it on the way home and that was enough to crack it.

Now the BP swap is once again delayed due to me having to get a windshield, check the alignment and wheels, and special order 3 tires (Why did I go with an oddball volvo size, why?). He's picking up the tab, but it is a lot of legwork.

At least I can still drive around in the festy...
Working...
X