Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Poodleshooter!!

No, I don't know our current newest member "Poodleshooter."

I'm posting this because it reminds me of my training M16A-1 in boot camp.

She was the only gun I've ever named. The drill sgts. told me to.

I named her "Edwina Poodleshooter." She was old and loose and had lost much of her finish but she shot okay. No, we didn't get "expert." I missed that by one point, IIRC.

Edwina is the only M16 I'd really like to have, but she's probably been crushed by now (the Klinton years, where many old guns--especially Garands and .45 pistols and even brand new .22 target rifles in inventory were being chopped up at Anniston instead of being sold to the public).

When I went to my Army Reserve MP unit (342d MP Co EG out of Zanesville at the time), I had two .45s issued to me.

The first was the one I took to Saudi. It was a nice looking Colt Commercial slide model. Looked good but malfed every couple mags full. Oh well, I'd complain about that now, but back then I didn't.

After we got back pistols were reissued for some reason. I ended up with a Remington-Rand with almost no finish. Strangely, dead reliable. I once shot almost 200 rounds through it before crud built up and caused the slide to occasionally stick a few mms out of battery. Push it forward and continue...

Just reminiscing!!

Carry on.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project
Working...
X