replied
    Just noticed the luxo seats.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    started a topic 88 Festiva in RockAuto News

88 Festiva in RockAuto News

Scott's 1988 Ford Festiva

Dear RockAuto,

In the 1990s I ran an automotive parts remanufacturing operation in Southern California. We delivered parts throughout the LA basin in heavy traffic. At the time I decided to try using a Ford Festiva as a delivery vehicle. With all the seats removed, except the drivers, it was a fairly large box that I could fit quite a number of Drive Axles and Rack & Pinions into. I knew that the Festiva would get great gas mileage, but I was apprehensive about the endurance capabilities. To my surprise, the Festiva never broke down! We had to replace the rear wheel bearings which we ruined because of the weight hauled around in them and the brakes, but other than that, they had unbelievable endurance. I ended up having five of them over the next few years and they all put in over 250,000 miles of service.

Today, I commute over 140 miles a day round trip to my job in Orange County California. I have been putting too many miles on my Mitsubishi EVO 9 and have been looking for a clean Festiva for work duty. I finally found a 1988 Festiva with 83,000 original miles on it that had been cared for by a physics professor for the last 21 years. While it looked like new, and the engine ran fine, the suspension needed a little help. RockAuto delivered front and rear KYB struts to my door at a savings I could not believe! Your price for the struts was almost $100 less than other companies wanted for lower quality brands.

Scott in California

Just thought I'd share.
Working...
X