If I were to go turbo B6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to go turbo B6...

Having a hard time finding SHO wrecks so I figured for the meantime, what would I have to do to turbo my B6. I know of the popular rear mount one that I see all the time but I have to wonder: Why is it so popular with these cars? The only time I see rear mount turbos are on Ligenfelter vettes.

I can't really opt for this layout for a number of reasons:
    1. Providence is full of potholes. When I mean potholes I mean pot craters so deep I have friends getting their frames dinged up. One wrong move and I can end up with a cracked turbo/pipe, etc. The street near my house has so many of them, it's almost like a slalom course to the highway on-ramp.
    2. The northeast spreads a lot of salt during the winter. I already have a rusting exhaust, I wouldn't want to be dealing with a rusting turbo and its piping.
    3. Lag...me no likey.

I'm looking for a traditional turbo setup (ie SR20 from 240SX, 280Z turbo, etc).

I understand that the N/A B6 has a compression ratio that may be dangerous if the psi is too high but I'm not looking for insane psi, just something around 5-6psi....maybe even 3-4psi that gives a bit more "kick" as we chefs call it.

I know concerns are of the G-series tranny I have for the Aspire....I'm not going to be hard launching the car...I'm usually only flooring it when I'm already on the highway....maybe 5-6psi will only give me enough hp to meet the limit of the transmission?

I know the B6 came in turbo in other parts of the world....so maybe I can rip off the factory manifold off of those. Like I said...nothing too fancy yet...call it the Novocaine before the cure. Just a thought...
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

Working...
X