Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 25Horseplay
    replied
    I tried out the A/C in the 90 LX I bought, its cold!!!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I love black bumpers.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I thought about doing it red, but it would be extremely difficult to get the bumpers to match because the paint on my car is faded. I'm also not very good at painting.

I also think red/black looks good. I kinda wanted to do that color scheme on my truck, but the PO had put on all chrome accessories.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Why back to black when you can paint body color?

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Take the bumper off. I think some people have done it without removing the bumper but in my opinion after trying to do it that way its more trouble trying not to remove the bumper than just removing it for easy access. (BTW if your horns aren't working the perfect time to replace them is while the bumper is off, also haveing the bumper off makes it easier to paint it Back to the headlight trim, once the bumper is off there's I believe two 10mm bolts holding each headlight trim piece... but I personally wouldn't paint them silver lol.

I bought an HG today, for MINE not hers finally Also tried tinting the hatch glass, its out of the car so its easier. Didn't go so well though. I didn't have a squeegy (sp?) so I tried using a credit card to smooth it on like I did the last time I did tint (about 7 years ago on my buddy's Integra). Apparently they don't make tint like they used to, cause it tore a couple chunks out. So I bought a squeegy today and I will try again tomorrow I think I'll do the quarter windows first this time, rather than start with the biggest piece with compound curves

LOL. funny read.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    I wouldn't remove them...it will be noticeable!! look on google shopping for the backtoblack deal and then look for the best deals or look to see if there are any websites that correlate to stores near you (mcparts, etc)

and oren, dude...you are the next FOTM IMO!! OREN09 FTW!

and...about the silver, idk? it might look good...or look really out of place. you could always try it and paint it something else later. It might go well tho and blend the front since the headlights are kind of dull in color and make it look clean. I like the thought. look forward to seeing it if you do paint it silver later

OH>> duhh, what I did today:

found 3-5 exhaust leaks...I've fixed two, maybe three major leaks. lol.

*= fixed / **almost fixed
    rear flange*, cat to down pipe flange/rubber gasket seal**, manifold to downpipe* (reused aspire gasket...blew out on one side, lol), aspire manifold temp sensor? threads/threaded area looks bad...it looks like a dried up rubber gasket when in actuality it's busted metal but I got the festy sensor to go in it. Figured out they switched the plugs on that sensor so I had to swap sensors or rewire.

think I can weld that or take some exhaust putty and kind of fix it? my pressure coming from the tailpipe is very good but not enough to hold and stall the car. sad I even added 4 HUMUNGO washers to the aspire exhaust to make the flange gasket seal better. but it may be the festy gasket and aspire pipe that it sits on are different OD/ID.

long post but that's what I've been chasing down today, kind of a pitb...

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    The grill is on my list. Does anyone here have theirs painted silver? I wonder how it would look. How are the headlight trim pieces removed?
    Take the bumper off. I think some people have done it without removing the bumper but in my opinion after trying to do it that way its more trouble trying not to remove the bumper than just removing it for easy access. (BTW if your horns aren't working the perfect time to replace them is while the bumper is off, also haveing the bumper off makes it easier to paint it Back to the headlight trim, once the bumper is off there's I believe two 10mm bolts holding each headlight trim piece... but I personally wouldn't paint them silver lol.

I bought an HG today, for MINE not hers finally Also tried tinting the hatch glass, its out of the car so its easier. Didn't go so well though. I didn't have a squeegy (sp?) so I tried using a credit card to smooth it on like I did the last time I did tint (about 7 years ago on my buddy's Integra). Apparently they don't make tint like they used to, cause it tore a couple chunks out. So I bought a squeegy today and I will try again tomorrow I think I'll do the quarter windows first this time, rather than start with the biggest piece with compound curves
    Last edited by htchbck; 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by 89newb View Post
    I literally hugged mine last night. Fiance was being mean to her...
    You need to dump the fiance, anyone that would be mean to your car is not someone you need to spend time with.
    How do you think she's going to treat you when she's mad at you?

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Advance auto parts sells it. I bet autozone, pep boys, o'reilly's etc etc do too. The headlight trim pieces are a bear. You practically have to remove the bumper to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I'm definitely going to have to try the Back To Black.
    Where do you get it?

The grill is on my list. Does anyone here have theirs painted silver? I wonder how it would look. How are the headlight trim pieces removed?

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Back to black.
    Before...

After..

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Oren09, those are some fantastic results! Get to steppin on that grille though. Paint it, the headlight trim, and the wheels silver!

Don't forget about bumper restore/back to black. That'll really bring it all back to *bling!*

Leave a comment:

• 89newb
    replied
    I literally hugged mine last night. Fiance was being mean to her...

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Red is the worst for oxidizing but the best for popping after a good polish! Nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X