Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Co-Woker and I got it home safe and sound!

Now, too BPT or B6T.That is the question......

Leave a comment:

• festyxfi
    replied
    Originally posted by batstiva View Post
    When in doubt, buying another Festiva is always the correct option.
    X2

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
    When I bought my 2nd aspire.
    It came with a deck that wouldn't work other than fm.
    And it had 1 front speaker on the right side.

The first day I took the speaker out and deck and threw them away.
    Then proceeded to drive without a stereo at all for months.

Then one day my woman told "me we need a stereo in here"
    So we got one, it's all her fault I blame her.
    "Behind Every great Man,there is a Woman"

Leave a comment:

• rmoltis
    replied
    When I bought my 2nd aspire.
    It came with a deck that wouldn't work other than fm.
    And it had 1 front speaker on the right side.

The first day I took the speaker out and deck and threw them away.
    Then proceeded to drive without a stereo at all for months.

Then one day my woman told "me we need a stereo in here"
    So we got one, it's all her fault I blame her.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
    It's the same radio that was in my mom's '94 Taurus when I was a kid. Brings back memories.
    Ill have to play "Memories" by Barbara Streisand if I ever get the chance to give you a ride

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    It's the same radio that was in my mom's '94 Taurus when I was a kid. Brings back memories.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    ^ I Know I just had to post that pic. The ones I always find either have a gaping hole from a Saws-All. Or a cheap broke down head unit that only plays on one channel.

Leave a comment:

• old yellow
    replied
    Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    So that Silver Car turned out to be a basket case, had to walk away before my emotions took over and I bought it. Started a new Job last July (so all new travel route, with all back roads). Jan 1st I see a Green Aspire poking its head out at me on someones gravel drive. Woooooaaaah whats that, looks clean. On the way home I go real slow,wait it doesn't have plates? WTH? Leave a note taped to front door that reads-"Interested in buying your green car please call". Anxiously wait and wait and wait. So being the stubborn SOB I am and not willing to take NO for an answer. I stop and knock on the door once a week,for weeks on enddrool. No answer and no other cars in the drive, just a stupid Mutt that barks at me. Humph,should I leave another note? No,for sure he'll know I'm an addict! By now the Mutt doesnt even bark at me,and I'm about to leave another note(the car still hasn't moved). Driving home last week I purposely slow down.Wait is that a Chevy Cruze in the drive! U-Turn! My heart is pounding out of my chest. Knock Knock (the Dog comes to the door silently,like I'm its friend). Finally a Human comes to the door! So I drop the Bomb, "Whats up with the Aspire?" Ohhh that thing he says. "I bought it Jan 1st and the Tranny Blew up that same week". So whatcha got into it,I ask? He responds a thousand bucks,and Auto Zone wants 1,200 for a Reman Trans."Screw That" he says. So without any Brain thought I quickly reply. "I'll give you a Grand for it right now if you have a clean title". He looks at me like he just won the lottery. I'm thinking why did I just do that! So after realizing I just shot myself in the foot. I suggest we look at the car (so I can find something wrong with it).But I cant, its in really decent shape. Quickly I suggest that I'll give him the Grand only if it runs. All I really want is a Rust free car that I dont have to drive to Texas for.We try to start it, No dice. So I leave saying "Find the title and get it to start,and I'll have the cash". He reply's "My wife is gonna be sooo happy". Hmmmmm I think "Wife" "Wife?" Oh Ya I have one of those! And she aint gona be so happy if I come home with another car that doesnt run! Humph,think fast Nitro.... Ummmm, "Hun how do you feel about me getting a new Aspire to replace my DD"?
    Her reply,"Nope you gotta sell my Van first". Hmmmm that wasnt a NO.... That was a YES, with a simple stipulation! I sold her Van in 3 days on Craigslist, for 200 less that Her agreed price. :tm: But now this Aspire guy hasnt called me back, WTH again! Call him up and he says "cant get it to run". "If you want it still, hows $500 sound? Saturday a Co-Worker and I will tow Her 7 miles to my Barn. First thing in order is a Rio Trans,Window Tint, my Super Trapp Exhaust and that Saab Whale Tail Wing,4" Drop,MS with Water Meth,Then the Boost. Thanks time for reading! Peace
    PS My wife is gone for the weekend and still doesnt know. But Heck, I sold her Van.and bought a car for 500 less than I originally requested. :thumbright:

never seen an aspire with a stock radio! looks clean for what it is!

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Dammmn, that was a deal!
    Thank You! Cant believe I found one that doesn't have Cancer in this area.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Dammmn, that was a deal!

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
    Looks like a nice clean car, a nice starting point for your project. I was always partial to the front end styling on the '97s.
    Thank You sir

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    Looks like a nice clean car, a nice starting point for your project. I was always partial to the front end styling on the '97s.

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    So that Silver Car turned out to be a basket case, had to walk away before my emotions took over and I bought it. Started a new Job last July (so all new travel route, with all back roads). Jan 1st I see a Green Aspire poking its head out at me on someones gravel drive. Woooooaaaah whats that, looks clean. On the way home I go real slow,wait it doesn't have plates? WTH? Leave a note taped to front door that reads-"Interested in buying your green car please call". Anxiously wait and wait and wait. So being the stubborn SOB I am and not willing to take NO for an answer. I stop and knock on the door once a week,for weeks on enddrool. No answer and no other cars in the drive, just a stupid Mutt that barks at me. Humph,should I leave another note? No,for sure he'll know I'm an addict! By now the Mutt doesnt even bark at me,and I'm about to leave another note(the car still hasn't moved). Driving home last week I purposely slow down.Wait is that a Chevy Cruze in the drive! U-Turn! My heart is pounding out of my chest. Knock Knock (the Dog comes to the door silently,like I'm its friend). Finally a Human comes to the door! So I drop the Bomb, "Whats up with the Aspire?" Ohhh that thing he says. "I bought it Jan 1st and the Tranny Blew up that same week". So whatcha got into it,I ask? He responds a thousand bucks,and Auto Zone wants 1,200 for a Reman Trans."Screw That" he says. So without any Brain thought I quickly reply. "I'll give you a Grand for it right now if you have a clean title". He looks at me like he just won the lottery. I'm thinking why did I just do that! So after realizing I just shot myself in the foot. I suggest we look at the car (so I can find something wrong with it).But I cant, its in really decent shape. Quickly I suggest that I'll give him the Grand only if it runs. All I really want is a Rust free car that I dont have to drive to Texas for.We try to start it, No dice. So I leave saying "Find the title and get it to start,and I'll have the cash". He reply's "My wife is gonna be sooo happy". Hmmmmm I think "Wife" "Wife?" Oh Ya I have one of those! And she aint gona be so happy if I come home with another car that doesnt run! Humph,think fast Nitro.... Ummmm, "Hun how do you feel about me getting a new Aspire to replace my DD"?
    Her reply,"Nope you gotta sell my Van first". Hmmmm that wasnt a NO.... That was a YES, with a simple stipulation! I sold her Van in 3 days on Craigslist, for 200 less that Her agreed price. :tm: But now this Aspire guy hasnt called me back, WTH again! Call him up and he says "cant get it to run". "If you want it still, hows $500 sound? Saturday a Co-Worker and I will tow Her 7 miles to my Barn. First thing in order is a Rio Trans,Window Tint, my Super Trapp Exhaust and that Saab Whale Tail Wing,4" Drop,MS with Water Meth,Then the Boost. Thanks time for reading! Peace
    PS My wife is gone for the weekend and still doesnt know. But Heck, I sold her Van.and bought a car for 500 less than I originally requested. :thumbright:

Leave a comment:

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Planting an Aspire seed

Well I believe our "Festivite" methodology has worked on my better half. We average @ 50k a year on our DD,which happens to be an Aspire. So I get a lot of windshield time and I see lots of cars for sale in rural areas. But the ones I see are never for sale. You know that Capri sitting on the side of a garage with weeds growing up around it. Or that EGT on jack stands for so long the tires have dry rotted. We ALL have our cars that we drive buy daily,and say to ourselves.Hmmmm I should knock on his door. But due to lack of funds or courage we never stop to ask. Well I have two Aspire's like that,they are in peoples driveways. And they are extremely clean cars. And I always think, just stop and put a note on the window. ( Thats how I acquired my last Aspire BTW). But NOW I really need an engine.The Aspire that I bought off this guy is really getting low on Cyl PSI. My intentions were never to drive it on this motor. Well that didn't work.So Frt Crank,Cam,dizzy,valve cover seal later. I'm still driving it. The motor is an oil pumpdrool The car came with 20 gallons of extra oil in the trunk. And I just ran out of that stuff a month ago drooldrool So it needs a motor big deal...well it is a big deal because I put my "Replacement" engine in my sons Festy before he left for College. So what I'm getting at is I need a motor...now. I have another "Replacement" engine that's getting rebuilt on my bench. But that's for my 5 spd car. My thought process is this,if you need a motor,buy the whole car.And the rest is a Bonus right? Hmmmm time to start knocking on doors buddy. So I purposely drive 10min out of my way and stop and the house. You know the "House"The one with that car you "Lust" over. This "House" in the middle of no where has a Silver 2dr Aspire under a car port. It looks like its new. I cant see any rust,dents etc.And it still has the factory hub caps.(that's always a good sign) So I pull up to the drive with the intent of leaving a "Note". And lo and behold I see an "Older Couple" walk out and proceed to another car. The man looks at me and comes over and says "Can I help you"? I tell him I'm interested in the "Spire". And he says well I only use it now to drive "Next door". I'm like where is that? And he points to the house next to him :eeeeeek: He then tells me he has a hernia and his son who lives next door has just been diagnosed with leukemia. Of course I give him my condolences and wish him well. Then I ask him if he wants to sell,and he says I've never thought about it. But I can leave my number.So I did and came home to talk to the "Boss". So I have to share this with her,but I only have "One Chance" of gettn it right. I personally belive this was a "Divine Appointment". I've being "spying" this "Spire" for over two years.And I can say with all honesty that I've never seen anyone outside. So I have to convince my wife of great fortune. Easier said than done....so I pull out the "Festivite" training manual. And flip to the "Dropping the Bomb" section. And it clearly states make sure you hug & kiss you better half before dropping the bomb. Mention things like "Its great to see you,how as your day?" Also if at all possible,guide the conversation in a way that will invite her to inquire about this "Divine Appointment". I've found what works real well is say things like. "Oh I just stopped by this house that no one is ever around and this old couple came out. Then I'll add- "Its so cool I've been driving past this house for 2 yrs.and I've never seen anyone outside." "And when I heard that "still small voice" telling me to go put a note on the door,I drive up and they are walking out towards me!" Isnt that AMAZING..... thats the "Hook" right ther Gents. "Isn't that amazing". My whole day depends on Her reply to that question. Its very important how you deliver that line. And dont flinch till She responds. If you have read the guidelines and done your research. Her answer will be a "desirable" one. Well she kinda stood there and stared at me for what seemed like eternity. And threw a "Curve Ball" back to me and said "Why didn't you tell me you were gonna stop there"? DANG IT! Didn't see that coming :cry_smile: Think fast Dude your on thin ice! You cant lie.....that's in the Manual. Lying is forbidden,you must use your Melon.Hmmmmmmm think fast Son your starting to squirm. "Oh that because I wasnt planning on stopping Babe." "I was driving and thinking about how WE need an engine". "And then I was Divinely Reminded of that house with the Aspire." "Isnt that cool how they were outside right when I pulled up"? Then before she could say anything I added- "I'd pay like 3K for that car,its mint" Notice what I just did there.... I told her how much the car may worth,but not how much we will actually spend. So...you know you've done good when the next words out of her mouth are. "Well we will have talk about that" BINGO! She sold,that's Her way of saying "OKAY" but I'm driving the Bus. When they say "Talk about it" don't get offended & blow up. You loose all progress you just made. But rather let the conversation "Marinade". Better even to slowly change the subject without Her knowing it Time to breath easy and grab a Beer.You've earned it. Know I'm hoping and praying this Gent will call. If this is all "Meant to be" he will call. I wont call that would be no fun. Now to go find some cash! :eeeeeek:

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Well, I'm not... lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X