just spent $1200 on repairs........OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just spent $1200 on repairs........OS

but the 89 festy I bought for $1225 needed a complete servicing. since it had a lot of rust in the radiator and didn't know the repair history (even though it was a one owner car for petes sake) I figured to go ahead and do the t-belt. anyway I got a good deal on the labor from my mechanic. it broke down like this;

tire swap (2 rims dismount and mount)............................................ $25
    plugs (e-3's), dis. cap & rotar............................................. ............... 52
    new radiator, flush system, water pump, t-stat..................................120
    master cyl., both rear wheel clys.............................................. ......... 72
    t-belt, both drive belts, fuel filter............................................ ............ 66
    all 4 rear wheel bearings, wheel seals............................................. .... 57
    crank & cam seals............................................. ................................ 20
    4 new monroe struts............................................ ............................252
    total - $664

mechanic charged me $540 for the labor on all of it. that was a good deal on the labor. I could have done most of it if not all but I have a carport on gravel and no lift. if I had his set up .......... but I am also in my 50's and I'm not into mechanical work like I used to be and I'm not going to build and outfit a garage this late in the game. I love doing interior stuff still.

I'm building a custom console with cup holders that won't be in the way of something else when you have a cup in them. I'll finish that little wood project up tomorrow. I'm also working on making wood replacement panels where the rear speakers are so that I can put some 6x9's in it. then after thats done I'll make the rear trunk panel to finish it off.

anyway the 89 carby runs great and handles super and should be good to go mechanically for the next 50-60 k miles. sure hope it gets at least 35 mpg in town or I won't be able to justify the expense.

I will be taking it to the front end guy to get it looked at and aligned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the front end isn't in bad shape anywhere. don't think there will be a problem - the mechanic said it looked fine to him.
    Last edited by loknlode; 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations
Working...
X