cabin air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Slow new year postage.
    1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Ahhhh yeah.. No worries

sent from the depths of hell.
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Bump, just because it is a worthy topic. Lotsa peeps suphpher phrom airborne allergenz. I'm working on just a cheap philter that philters out only dust, not the expensive allergen philters with charcoal. (The more phinely it philters, the lower is the air draw at a given phan speed.)

I also zip-tied in some window screen material, over the outside-air intake grill with the diamond-shaped mesh, just to keep out the larger stuphph--leavez, wasps, Ant-Man, etc.

Also, I don't have A/C, so in the process uv phooling with the heater air intake, I removed a completely useless black metal bracket thingy that the intake hoze goze through. Now pulling that hoze is super-simple and quick, az in a phew secondz.
        Last edited by TominMO; 04-11-2017, 07:09 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Bump, just because it is a worthy topic. Lotsa peeps suphpher phrom airborne allergenz. I'm working on just a cheap philter that philters out only dust, not the expensive allergen philters with charcoal. (The more phinely it philters, the lower is the air draw at a given phan speed.)

I also zip-tied in some window screen material, over the outside-air intake grill with the diamond-shaped mesh, just to keep out the larger stuphph--leavez, wasps, Ant-Man, etc.

Also, I don't have A/C, so in the process uv phooling with the heater air intake, I removed a completely useless black metal bracket thingy that the intake hoze goze through. Now pulling that hoze is super-simple and quick, az in a phew secondz.
          how is that going? I hope to do this this weekend.

and bravekosak- how has this held up? hasn't moved around or fallen inside and blocked the vent door? have you removed it to check how dirty it got?
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

ryan,
            It's still in place, because I can open and close the vent door just fine.
            It's too much trouble to open up just to check.
            As long as the air blows clean and fresh, why bother?
            I will let you know if I ever do.
            ----------------------------------
            moz,
            If a hose does not want to budge, cut it off.
            It's easier to install a new hose than to re & re (remove & replace) heater cores.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Sounds great! I just bought that cabin filter today for $22. I wish i had ordered that online months ago... :/ not used to paying retail for festiva parts.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the filter cut down on the airflow?

Comment

Not much in my opinion.
                  I also don't park under pine trees or ones with small leaves.

Comment

I didnt do a direct test, as in feeling airflow before, installing and then checking it again.
                    But i think it cut down airflow a fair bit on mine. Like i said, i cant be sure though. Ive driven another vehicle for 7 months and may not be remembering correctly how hard the air blew before in a festiva.
                    Was there a more powerful blower motor on cars that came with a/c or were they all the same?
                    What i think would be good to try is ordering a cheap version of this filter on ebay or amazon that has thinner or more free flowing media. No need for pollen filtering or charcoal. All we (or I anyway) want is to keep the ac and heater core from plugging up with dirt. And my interior a little less dusty.
                    I would have done that but forgot to get a filter until the day before i was going to install it... :/
                    Talked to another member about it (1990new) and he said it might restrict airflow a little but he sees no problem with it.
                    Sounds like most people say it doesnt really restrict flow.

Comment

This is pretty awesome! I messed around with it but was in a bit off a rush. I couldn't figure how to match the filter airflow direction without interfering with the fresh air door,
                      this seemed to cause airflow problems for me with the filter flowing backwards.

Would be cool to find a way to have easy filter replacement.

Also, I'm so glad I pulled the plenum, the foam seal was completely disintegrated.
                      Last edited by Skrapbob; 05-22-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
                        This is pretty awesome! I messed around with it but was in a bit off a rush. I couldn't figure how to match the filter airflow direction without interfering with the fresh air door,
                        this seemed to cause airflow problems for me with the filter flowing backwards.

Would be cool to find a way to have easy filter replacement.
                        You have to push the filter against the ac stuff as far as you can. Pleats have to be horizontal.

Comment

Working...
                        X