Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbyspider
    replied
    Is the tool just a pair if pliers that look like wire strippers?I guess I should get a power bleeder while I'm at it too?
    Last edited by bobbyspider; 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    Thanks guys! I need to fix this injector issue and I'd like to go hydro so I can get the tiva out of the garage and pull the omni in so I can start this glh clone project

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Yeah they make a brake line bending tool. if you don't use rubber in it bend a spiral section with a few coils to take up vibration/allow for movement

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Honestly, just buy some brake line from the parts store and bend your own. It's really simple. As far as I know all the cables attach the same way.
    actually forgot i could do that ha ha. is there a tool to bend it with?

Leave a comment:

• thatlittlebluecar
    replied
    Honestly, just buy some brake line from the parts store and bend your own. It's really simple.
    ^^seriously though!

ill post a thread on the hydraulic clutch stuff. a buddy of mine has it in his festy but he's an "anti-forum" old schooler. it'll just take a few days to run out and grab pictures

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    got plenty of faith bro just not enough mechanical experience.

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Honestly, just buy some brake line from the parts store and bend your own. It's really simple. As far as I know all the cables attach the same way.
    Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thatlittlebluecar
    replied
    you can make it happen, don't lose faith.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    You would need a g speedo gear in a g, f in a f, and so on. Been there tried it. All the series have different length shafts for the gear.
    i have the gear just not the bottom part of the speedo cable

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    ^do you know if the hydro lines are the same

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    You would need a g speedo gear in a g, f in a f, and so on. Been there tried it. All the series have different length shafts for the gear.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    The nonturbo Capri uses a hydro F-series. The festy speedo cable will bolt onto it. The speedo gear willl not work in a g-series.

I'd like to see if the Capri pedal assembly will fit in the Festy, it'd be super easy for anyone to go to hydro clutch then

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    sweet! thanks! now i just need to see about the plumbing of the hydro lines

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Just went out and checked and yes the festiva speedo cable screws on to the Capri trans speedo gear. The Capri that my trans came from was a 91 not sure if they are all the same ,but this one is set up just like the festiva no vss .

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    no my setup is with chris's adapter but i want to go hydro. i was setup for hydro just never bled it through and then i decided to use the adapter but now i want to go back to hydro. when i say plumbed i meen are the hydro lines routed the same way. when i took the hydro setup off my tiva i cut the lines like an idiot. i have the master and slave not sure if they are good because when i was trying to bleed the system they just didnt seem to hold pressure.

so you say i can use the bottom part of the speedo cable and sensor?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X