My OTHER Old Mazda product... B2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My OTHER Old Mazda product... B2000

My poor little truck hasn't been getting much love since I picked up the Festiva, it looked sad this morning, so I thought I'd snap some photos.

I found it last year on a local classifieds site. It's a 1984 Mazda B-2000 (2.0l) The story goes, that the guy who was driving it, had been deported back to Mexico. It had sat for 2 years and not moved since then. I've always been fond of this body style. I had a couple of friends that had "Sundowners" when I was in highschool, and in my mind, I've always had the thought that the Ford/Mazda guys sat around a table with a picture of a 70's Ford F-250 and said "OK... Like this only smaller"

Anyway, they were asking $500. I went to look at it, and it was pretty rough. It had 2-3 different size tires on it. I took it for a test drive, and it stalled about 2 blocks away. It took me 20 minutes to limp it back. I could see the potential though. I told them I'd give them $300. They said that was fine, but that they didn't have the title... Yeah... That wasn't going to work. I handed them $150 and told them I'd give them the other $150 when I had the title, and I was taking the keys. 4 days later they had the title. I immediately put a matching set of tires on it. I found the culprit on the stalling pretty easy. The $4 fuel filter that goes right behind the cab did the trick. I changed the rear diff fluid, plugs/wires, trans fluid, cleaned the carb, new seat covers, dash mat, fog lights, new stereo (Including a little amp/sub).

It's starting to make a little trans noise, and I'm losing clutch fluid somewhere. (I love the look on the guys face at O'Reilly when I said I needed clutch fluid. He thought I was joking.) Thinking this winter I'll be working on it, when I'm not working on the Festiva. It really is a great, good looking little truck.

You can DEFINITELY see the family resemblance...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.
Working...
X