spark timing marks , dont have any.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark timing marks , dont have any.

alright so my cam timing is perfect , idle speed is set at 750 when I retard timing the car stumbles and stalls depending how far I go , when I advance sounds better but however..

when I was looking trying to find location of spark timing marks on the plastic , metal indicator whatever it is that has the T to reference the crank pulley mark on it seems its on the exhaust side of the pulley location...

right now the closest I can get without stalling is timing mark facing around 12 oclock instead of around 3 like ive seen from photos.... if I advance i get to end of the adjustment and advancing moves the marks counterclockwise , any further than 12 oclock when retarding the car stalls...

a little help here would be great im not exactly sure if maybe the indicator is in a different spot than I am remembering from photos , the STI black plug I grounded it to my negative battery terminal for the test light check.

ALSO , when cam timing is lined up with the marks I installed with the rotor button facing around the 11oclock position
    Last edited by Winfield1990; 06-16-2013, 02:20 PM.
Working...
X