X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    It's does not do the same. It has less bang. It has 30% less btu's than regular gasoline.
    I never exceed 10mph. 89 and E85, both have the same results. I still achieve 10mph.

I'm probably still going to get 40 miles to the tank.

Except one is easier on the wallet. It's the only reason I made this decision.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jason_; 05-26-2016, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    You can run e85 but you need more fuel to get an efficient burn. The reason racing guys use e85 is to cool the Pistons by running more fuel. If I can put in way more cool fuel it's helping keep cylinder temps down. Which we know heat can cause a lot more issues like ping. 1 ping at the wrong time is when it goes bang. So if u aren't even revving the car it won't ever be able to use the e85 but you don't have the bigger injectors or pump or lines to run it. The only reason they change the lines is because they need to be bigger to move more fuel. Basically u aren't doing anything but using diff gas. Pour some alcohol in it lets really spice it up.
    Ethanol octane is supposedly only 97, while methanol is 96. The magic happens with vaporize cooling effect. Methanol can provide up to 7x the cylinder cooling over gasoline and ethanol is 5x, for a perceived higher octane.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    It is what it is. I will be running my car on e85 but I will using bigger lines and bigger injectors and pump with a tunable Ecu. You only have 70% the go you used to have.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    It's does not do the same. It has less bang. It has 30% less btu's than regular gasoline.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    If it does the same but cheaper, then I still gained something. Next up is to buy it without road taxes.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    You can run e85 but you need more fuel to get an efficient burn. The reason racing guys use e85 is to cool the Pistons by running more fuel. If I can put in way more cool fuel it's helping keep cylinder temps down. Which we know heat can cause a lot more issues like ping. 1 ping at the wrong time is when it goes bang. So if u aren't even revving the car it won't ever be able to use the e85 but you don't have the bigger injectors or pump or lines to run it. The only reason they change the lines is because they need to be bigger to move more fuel. Basically u aren't doing anything but using diff gas. Pour some alcohol in it lets really spice it up.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    :violent2:

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    I need a ecm from Mexico or Brazil.

Next tank if I can find E100 I'll give that a shot too.

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    e85 requires roughly a 30% increase in fuel to achieve correct air fuel ratios.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Apartment complex. ALOT of short trips. I do 40 miles every 2 months or so. Every key on its lucky to get up to operating temperature a few times a week.

I do believe it's all in the government, and the software....

Last edited by jason_; 05-23-2016, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    At 40 miles per tank, methinks it's running a bit on the rich side to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• shorestiva
    replied
    In for melted stuff from it running ridiculously lean.

Leave a comment:

• lessersivad
    replied
    While it may run pretty much the same I'm going to guess and say the fuel mileage will probably go down.

BTU wise you get more 'bang for the buck' with straight gasoline.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    Go for it bro!!! It's a Chrysler, so who cares lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X