X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhearts
    replied
    Originally posted by blowby View Post
    What fails - rods, transmissions ? Is it from the max amount of pressure or the maybe the pressure curve?
    Charlie says lots of aftermarket supercharger kits have issue with sealing, belt tension. I doubt he's seen a supercharged fwd bp car, so he's talking about supercharged miatas. Bp engines always blow up transmissions, so that's an option. But a supercharger isn't really different than a really small turbo at low rpms. So I doubt it's boost pressure related.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• blowby
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    You'll also never get to drive the car because it'll be broken most of the time. I've seen what happens with Supercharged BP cars.
    What fails - rods, transmissions ? Is it from the max amount of pressure or the maybe the pressure curve?

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    So what 2 turbos would a 350 hp BP use?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    I think he's trying to say to use nitrous instead of a supercharger to spool a big turbo.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    You'll also never get to drive the car because it'll be broken most of the time. I've seen what happens with Supercharged BP cars.

Leave a comment:

• errjam
    replied
    stock sleeper and pick on muscle cars,,,,like the thug life you tube vid
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fma stersofdirt%2Fvideos%2F10153385468141796%2F&show_t ext=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    My car will inevitably end up this way

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    You'd be in warp speed regardless what gear you select.

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    With a supercharger, Eaton, you can select a boost with it under it's max pressure. So if you don't want 15+ psi at 1500rpms, you can dial it back to 5 or w/e works for your traction situation.

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    So how does twin charger really work? A small turbo to quickly spool up a bigger one?

Are we talking like a vj14 small 1st turbo then a like gt28 2nd turbo.

i like this idea and might be able do think of something cool along these lines.

never actually messed with twin anything tho would like a nice set of twins!
    I'm talking about superchargering a turbo car. So you get all the boost from the bottom, and no worries about turbo lag from using too big a turbo.

Last edited by bhearts; 05-25-2016, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    So how does twin charger really work? A small turbo to quickly spool up a bigger one?

Are we talking like a vj14 small 1st turbo then a like gt28 2nd turbo.

i like this idea and might be able do think of something cool along these lines.

never actually messed with twin anything tho would like a nice set of twins!

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    twin engine is out of my abilty! FOR NOW.

I like the twin charged idea. Twin chargers half sticking out of the hood!! I would think do the trick.
    Supercharger turbocharger

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Twin engine.
    twin engine is out of my abilty! FOR NOW.

I like the twin charged idea. Twin chargers half sticking out of the hood!! I would think do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Twin engine.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    ^ this!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X