No announcement yet.

Cup holder prototype...what ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly well. Though I did note that if you have a cubby (I do), the can rest touches it with weight on it. Not a bad thing, just an observation. I have a full install kit for my radio which naturally pushes the face plate past the plane of the bezel. Even so, the can just touches it when the tray is fully closed. It helps secure the can. I think one last tweak would be to lengthen the depth of the tongue another ~3/8" just for that added stability for taller cans. I'm out of town for 24hrs, but when I get back I'll take a more careful measurement.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      Surprisingly well. Though I did note that if you have a cubby (I do), the can rest touches it with weight on it. Not a bad thing, just an observation. I have a full install kit for my radio which naturally pushes the face plate past the plane of the bezel. Even so, the can just touches it when the tray is fully closed. It helps secure the can. I think one last tweak would be to lengthen the depth of the tongue another ~3/8" just for that added stability for taller cans. I'm out of town for 24hrs, but when I get back I'll take a more careful measurement.
      Good to hear. So the length of the entire piece or just the length of the tongue on the very bottom horizontally? Just want to be clear. I appreciate the feed back. Think I should sell the things to people yet or do you have some more testing ya want to put it through?
      Last edited by jimdigs; 03-12-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The length on the vertical (depth) is what I'm thinking, but like I said, out of town till Tuesday.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I don't get notifications anymore. Quite annoying.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, so thanks to the winter storm here, testing for the today and tomorrow are nixed.

Comment

Ok so I've had it for just over 2 weeks. It's still working!!! Lol. I've suggested a few revisions to jimdigs that I believe will increase strength and stability for cans of all sizes. But for a first draft, this is awesome. I was offered a revised unit... I told him I want to buy 2.

Seriously, this has got to be one of the best home brew mods for Festivas, EVER!!!

Start placing orders people!

Comment

Thanks for helping out with this FestYboy and for the review for everyone it is appreciated. Here is sample of the color blue that I have right now. I also have black, red, white, green and glow in the dark too. The glow in the dark filament isn't that good to look at but does glow in the dark if that is something you might want. Glows for about as long as any glow in the dark stuff does. I will display all the colors of holders later this evening. If in the future there are certain colors that people want that I don't have and there is more than 3 people that want that color I will order some of that color filament. Plus, you can always get some plastic spray paint and paint these any color you like. I would recommend using a primer first if you choose to do that. They do sell different colors in different shades of the same color. Sample of the blue I have.
                Attached Files

Comment

Count me in on one of these too! They are pretty sweet! Usually I just put my cans and pop in between my ebrake handle lol. Nice work with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by sodakfastiva View Post
                    Count me in on one of these too! They are pretty sweet! Usually I just put my cans and pop in between my ebrake handle lol. Nice work with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks, I'll put more info up later this evening. Thats where I always "use to" put my drinks too, works pretty good.
                    Last edited by jimdigs; 03-19-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Hello, would you be willing to share the files with us to print? Or I’m willing to buy one.

Comment

Working...
                      X