picture of intake plumbing on my B6ME conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture of intake plumbing on my B6ME conversion

Back in March I bought a '91 Festiva for $200 to hold me over while I put the B6T in the '93. The '91 allegedly needed only a battery but needed a few other things.....like an engine. I found a nice running Kia B6ME at a salvage yard for $250 and had trouble getting it running on the B3 distributor and found that the B6ME distributor solved all my problems. A few of you offered suggestions and requested pictures of the install. Here are pictures of the B6ME and also a picture of the B3 that I blew up (or as they say here in New Mexico, blowed up). These are pictures that I took back in March. I just got around to figuring out how to post them. The intake consists of the original rubber duct that goes on the MAF and another similar intake rubber that connects at the throttle body. In between these original B3 items is a radiator hose from a diesel pick up. I'm not sure if it's Dodge, Ford or Chevy. I made a rough template of where I needed to go with the hose and took it to AutoZone where I was able to go in the back and look at the hoses in their inventory. I think this set up is a lot cleaner then the PVC creations i have seen on here used on the B6ME swap.

'88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.
Working...
X