A moment of silence for Cherry Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A moment of silence for Cherry Bomb

I sadly have to report that Cherry Bomb has excessive rust holes along its frame rails. I can repair them, but the rust has permeated all over the bottom of the car. It is with a heavy heart that I will definitely have to bid adieu to it. I loved Cherry Bomb as much as my beloved Silver Bullet. In fact, the crate engine that was originally destined for Silver Bullet was put into Cherry Bomb to keep it going. On top of the chassis and body rust, it is in dire need of new steel or aluminum brake lines and new exhaust from excessive rust. Silver Bullet had rust-proofing added by my brother when he bought it new, so it is completely sound. Ultimately, I am going to strip all usable parts off Cherry Bomb for Silver Bullet and for any members who need parts. I am sad because I rescued this car from the scrap yard when it was destined for the crusher, and now it will finally complete the journey I rescued it from. I will only give the scrapyard the bare-bones shell. I will ensure any other parts are stripped for you guys as you may need, or as spares for Silver Bullet. In the end, I just want to know that Cherry Bomb is remembered. It was the car I drove to Texas when I finally became free of my ex-wife and unfortunately, sat unceremoniously in my driveway for 7 years with the frame damage I found then. I just ask all members give it a moment of silence before asking me for any parts. Otherwise, let me know what you might need through the appropriate thread, and I will try to accommodate your needs. CherryBomb will live on in the Silver Bullet and through any Festivas any of you get parts from it for.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.
Working...
X