X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neanderpaul
    replied
    rings

Sweet Freshtiva!!! Good luck with that one. The chrome beauty rings alone are a fantastic find.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Thanks natty, the rings pop on like a hubcap, good and tight too. They are fairly heavy duty, not thin cheap metal like you might expect. By the looks of them they haven't been used much, the chrome plating is in perfect condition. I like them, something a little different. I'm not sure where they came from, factory or dealer item perhaps? Don't know.

Leave a comment:

• nattyphysicist
    replied
    Hey, so what's up with those chrome rings? Do they just slip over the wheels?

Your ride looks really bad ass!

Leave a comment:

• miami man
    replied
    hey mechanic of doom,
    it does not hurt to look and ask about those cars. i bought my 1971 2 door chevelle from a lady when her son was thrown in jail and they needed bail money right away. it was sitting in thier back yard for months and all it took was a battery and i drove it home.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Thanks Dave ! Yeah, Ive been at it pretty steady. The little woman reminded me that tomorrow is Monday and that there is a real world out there. :lol: Guess I gotta stop for now. I was just starting to have fun to. The funny thing about this car is that I was looking to buy a "parts car" but since I cant part his one out, now I need a parts car more than ever. I guess its never ends. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Dave G
    replied
    Well SOMEBODY has been busy :-). Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Just updated my pics to show the past 24 hour changes. I had all the new parts lying around.

Leave a comment:

• 25Horseplay
    replied
    If they are sitting in a feild here they are most likely rusted. I have seen several that were sitting in driveways, one guy had 1 that was in nice shape but needed a engine and a 2nd one that was hit. He wanted $700 for the one with a bad engine and I don't know how much for the other. They are still sitting there. If the price were better I would have bought it all.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    mechanic_of_ doom wrote:
    " Wow all these people with all these festivas and I cant seem to find 1. I saw driving down a back road a guy had like 6 each with a different color. but they had really tall grass grown up around them. so I didn't think It was worth even looking at.

but anyway. That's a really awesome find"

Thanks. Don't fret,, I am looking constantly, probably looked at two dozen this year. Even if they don't have a for sale sign on them I'll inquire if I see one that I think might be available. Go check out the six in the tall grass, you never know, there might be a diamond in the rough. Some people park them when they have a problem because they don't think they are worth fixing, or they've bought something else or a number of other reasons.

Leave a comment:

• mechanic_of_doom
    replied
    Wow all these people with all these festivas and I cant seem to find 1. I saw driving down a back road a guy had like 6 each with a different color. but they had really tall grass grown up around them. so I didn't think It was worth even looking at.

but anyway. That's a really awesome find

Leave a comment:

• Dave G
    replied
    Wow - what a find!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Well I got the car home today. Here the story and some before pics

I'll post the after pics in photo gallery when I get it cleaned up.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaFestivaGuy
    replied
    Only your 5th Festiva?

I just picked up my 11th, a perfect body (cars don't rust in WA) blue-green '91L 5-speed for $250. The engine makes some ticking sounds, perhaps due to a timing problem. Seller said the timing belt had snapped and the sounds started right after that, but I don't think valves can hit pistons on the stock engine, can they?

Leave a comment:

• 25Horseplay
    replied
    Originally posted by freshtiva
    :lol: Right, now I need one of every option :lol: Ill get it home and see what Ive got. I might convert this one into a daily driver
    I love options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Or maybe a GLX plus :!: :?:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X