Road trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip!

well... OK. I'm going to NC for the weekend of 23-24. Goin with my cuzzin, and planing on taking Skeeter (my festy)... of course w/ no AC and not so great hwy handing my cuzz was sorta leaning tword taking her Jetta (?). of course havving just gotten my drivers lice i don't really want to drive some1 elses car, and besides the festy gets a lot better gas milege...
    my dad also expressed some doubts as to wether it was the best idea to take my car. It has over 100k, and hasn't had the best life i'm sure, but it still runs fine and all. *I* don't think its going to fall apart driving down the highway, but aparently not every1 is so confident :?

sooo, i still plan on taking it. Anything i should do to make sure its ready?
    I'm gona take out the back seat, and we shouldn't have too much heavy stuff with us. Just a bunch of rockets (thats y were goin down there... to fly 'em).
    obviousely check the tire pressure first, oil level (just changed the oil a lil while ago tho), etc... but will the car handle differently w/o the back seat? anything else to check?
    thanxx
    Nate
    ----------
    Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Check your coolant, your brake fluids and lines. I did a road trip 2 years ago (16 hours straight of driving, I was the only driver) and my Festiva was like your's, didn't had the better life and was beginning to have rust everywhere. You should be just fine.
    Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Yeah just check fluids and monitor it throughout the trip and I'm sure it'll do just fine 8) -Kyle
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

A/C shouldn't be a problem for you this time of year.

Down here in Texas you need it because driving in the summer is unbearable without A/C.

You should hold up fine as long as you drive sanely (i.e. not pegging the speedo the entire time) and watch your gauges.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

heh, i won't be peggin the spedo try to keep it sub 70 or something... want to keep decent gass milege :!:

your right AC proly won't be a big deal, but i'll be sleaping in the car and stuff... so it may get a lil warm. but thats what windows are for :p

thanx guys! we'll see how it goes,, i'm figuring aobut 900mi round trip, so its not *too* far. mabye 14-16 hrs and 2+ tanks of gass.
          Nate
          ----------
          Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

the only things i would look closely is the rear wheel bearings before a long trip and transmission fluid( manual trans too ).

Comment

Working...
            X