Which festiva to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which festiva to buy

I have two offers on festivas in the area. One is a 91 the other is a 89. Other than that there is little difference. Milage is close, same color, only minor dings on both, ect.

The 89 is $800, the 91 is $850. If there a reason to get the 91 over the 89?

-Ox
    OX SMASH!!

The 91 will be fuel injected, the 89 may not be. Go with the 91 if all else is the same. You'll get better mileage and if you do an engine swap it will be easier.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

If one is an automatic, buy the stick shift. You get more power and better fuel economy from a standard transmission.

If both are automatics buy the '89. It doesn't have those annoying electric seatbelts 90+ models have. Unless you like them, in which case go for the '91.

If both are stick shifts buy the '91 model. Although I like carburetted vehicles, your gas mileage will be greater with the fuel injected one. Also, the fuel injected Festivas have 5 speed transmissions, whereas the carb'd ('88 and '89 manual trans.) ones have either a 4 or 5 speed.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

All else the same, I'd go for the '91. Actually, it kind of depends on what you plan to do with it later. Engine swap or not?

Carbs may be harder to come by too. Keep that in mind.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Meeting up with the guy tommorow to buy the 91.

It's got an abandoned title and he just did $500 in repairs, tune-up and brakes.

It's red.

OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
          X