Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow looks like i missed alot, but i'm back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow looks like i missed alot, but i'm back....

sorry i haven't been around for a while, and right now i don't have the time for the full story, but rest assured that i'm back and w/ a vengance!!!

quick update: the B6 carb swap is fully under way and i'll be posting often w/ pics. for those of you who don't know me, the last time i was on i had lost the RX-7 carb that i'm doing the swap with. well i have 2 now and things are on a roll again. the pistons and valves are being coated as we speak and are being complemented by a fully ported/polished and shaved head. the full exhaust is ready. To top things all off, my GF just got a 96 aspire and she'll be a member soon too.

as far as personal life goes, i'm currently enrolled at UTI Exton campus and working on my ASE certs. I'm also an audiophile so both auto and home questions are welcome.

pics to come soon...

-Arty
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

rocco?

hows the rocco Arty?

Comment

Glad to have ya back. Keep us updated.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Glad you're back Arty!

In case you missed it, check out the "Ohiostiva Spring Fling" thread in the geographical area forum. We're having a bash in northern OH on May 29th. Maybe you could make it in your GF's Aspire if your car isn't done.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Hi Arty!

Maybe I'll see you over at UTI. We have a classroom there (Ford Motor Co), and I'm sure I'll be teaching there on occasion.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Weekly update part 1(of 3)

So as it is, i can only post over the weekends due to school but that may change soon. anywho,i happen to have a 3 day weekend this week and the weather is supposed to be nice so I'm going to take full advantage.

As it stands, the festy is striped to the bare block in the car and i plan to have that out on sat. (will post pics) when i took the head off last sat i checked the piston to wall clearance and what i found scared me. there's about .080 - .100" gap that the rings are having to overcome. for those who don't know, it should be about a tenth of that. it kinda shows what kind of abuse the block can take before catastrophic death.

Just to put some perspective on things, if i were to put the head back on, she'd fire right up and run (aside from the burnt valves and crack between the water and oil jackets). and people wonder why i love this engine so much, it's like the Mazda equivalent of the SBC, you just can't kill it. as far as the new block (b6), i've sent out the valves and pistons to be thermal coated and friction coat the skirts (should have those back this week) once they're back the block gets put together with the stock carb just to get it running, then it's off to the shop for the custom exhaust and the Nikki (RX-7) carb is getting rebuilt and a flange adapter built for it. in a few weeks i'll have another intake that's getting port matched ant the two will be mated. then it's just waiting for FMS to get a new adjustable cam sprocket and the engine is done.

For body mods, it's getting an Impreza RS conversion to the front but i haven't finalized the details about the sides and rear yet. I'm also debating a dash swap to that of an aspire (not sure it'll fit but since it's the same chassis, it should) along with the doors. power moon roof and hidden batt box in the rear. and i want to do something completely off the wall w/ the rear hatch but i can't say what yet. suspension drop and 16"s are also in the mix. As soon as i can find a Mini rear suspension, it's getting transplanted as well.

now on to Caety's Aspire, Kermit. it's getting fitted for a custom exhaust this weekend as well, but i'm in need for something more for it due to its anemic acceleration and top speed (75!!!). i'm open to suggestions on this one (NO ENGINE SWAPS!!) i also posted about this in the Engines section (top speed thread).

that's all till later tonight when i post some pics of the progress.

-Arty

PS Georff, the 'rocco is still comatose but there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel for this one, as it's just gotten both a new engine and dash wire harness (still waiting on the title though) other than that, it's golden.

FS71, Are you a current instructor at UTI or are you just a FACT instructor?
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

neither. I'm a Ford Motor Co Service Training Instructor. I don't work for UTI, but we are adding classroom space there. The first Ford STI you'll run into over there are Mike Bonneau, Pat McCormick and Horatius Dorval. I usually work out of the Philadelphia training center now, but used to work at our Outreach location in Willow Street at the Lancaster County Career and Technology School. Our classrooms should open at UTI this summer. Maybe I'll see you around!
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
              X