Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRT-4 Quality (repost from Ruben's board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRT-4 Quality (repost from Ruben's board)

Man.. all this from a burnout.. and a spec clutch... eeewww!!!

Pics are big.. click on next page to see the shattered flywheel..

I've seen this article. That guy was a retard. A two minute burnout is going to wreck something. That topic is funny because they keep arguing about the definition of double clutching.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

SRT4 drivers are more fun to beat up on then any other. Beating them in a Festiva really helps them realize that, contrary to what they think, they car isnt that fast.
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Well, the cars relay are quite fast considering anyone can own one and it isn't hard to make them faster. Although it is fun to kick their asses and put them down a notch with the old Festical. And it isn't a quality issue with the car that he purchased. It is a quality issue with the aftermarket clutch that exploded due (most likely) to improper installation of the pressure plate bolts. Look at the photos closely its not a trany failure it is parts of the clutch disk and pressure plate that did all of the damage. Not that it isn't his fault I still think the guy is a toolbox for not knowing what happened to his own car when he has all of the evidence right there.

Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
          SRT4 drivers are more fun to beat up on then any other. Beating them in a Festiva really helps them realize that, contrary to what they think, they car isnt that fast.
          hell yea, that and sti's are my only competition but i always seem to win..

Comment

Re: SRT-4 Quality (repost from Ruben's board)

Originally posted by xpnsyd
            Man.. all this from a burnout.. and a spec clutch... eeewww!!!

Pics are big.. click on next page to see the shattered flywheel..

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...6&page=5&pp=15
            It's good to have people like this in the world, frees up some more salvage parts :wink:
            Rich Norman
            5 Festivas:
            1992 L - Daily Driver
            1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
            1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
            1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
            1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

rotflmao...yeah come on keep those junk yards stocked...i hate paying dealer prices!
              Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
              1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
              1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
              2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Performance should not come cheap unless it comes at the cost of a LOT of time, work, and research... these srt4 idiots get into a car that can run high 13's stock, don't know a goddam thing about racing or cars, and either run like crap (i've seen one SRT4 guy that couldn't break 16's at the track because he bogged the shit out of the launch and then ground 2nd and 3rd gears). The fact is that the car's entry-level pricing means that anyone can get their hands on a fast fwd car, and some of these 17 and 18 year olds that have mommy and daddy buy their car for them just can't appreciate that kind of power. I recently got about $800 in free gauges, a BOV, intake, etc off an SRT4 that got traded in at the dealer i work in. Want to know why it was traded in? THe little brat's grandfather had bought the car for him, and after his THIRTEENTH TICKET (seriously, that's not a joke) Grandpa decided he was going to trade it in and THEN on top of things bought the spoiled pieced of shit a $24K Dakota! WTF!! I can't complain too much, after all, i got his egt, a/f, volt, oil pressure gauges, as well as mounts and other goodies, but cars like the SRT4 just promote the lazy ass riceboy mentality among newer drivers. My beetle started life as a high 15 second car. Now with less than $800 in mods, it runs 14.42 with a 2.147 60' time that i have yet to witness an srt driver duplicate in real life (the 60' time, not the e/t). Ugh..... Ok, that was my rant, i'm done now. Its my mission in life to destroy SRT4's, either in the stiva or the beetle, although the beetle will probably do it first.

Comment

Working...
                X