I did some repairs today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did some repairs today...

I replaced the driverside axle today and boy did it take a lot more effort than I thought. I'll try to post pic's later. I first pulled out the old axle which was easy, because I had seen in a thread to use a chain/rope to pull out the axle. After I figured out that the lady at autozone gave me the wrong axle, I got the new one and tried to put it in...after about an hr or so I thought I had gotten it in and I proceeded to reattach the new FMS control arm, but then when I tried to lower the rotor onto the control arm, but since the axle wasn't in all the way it slipped and scrapped the ball joint rubber...grrr. so I looked again under the transmission and saw that the axle was not all the way in and it was sticking out about an inch, so after getting fed-up with it I got a rubber mallet and slapped it a few times on the back (I don't know if that was a smrt idea) and it slid in all the way, so I proceeded to attach the rotor and it slid (with a little encouragement) right into place so I bolted everything up and I put the tire back on and drove it around. It seems to be working properly, but I'm still not sure that I got everything in properly, so I am gonna take it easy for awhile , but at least I got it done, so I'm happy...Now for the aspire swap!
    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:
Working...
X