Checking the Codes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking the Codes...

I was going to check the codes on my car a few weeks ago and won't get around to it until today. This was posted as an answer to a question I posted on the EZBoard. Is this correct?

OK, as I remember it, under the hood, by the master cylinder is a single wire connector (only white one),and a black 6 plug connector. With the key off, you connect a jumper wire from the single wire, (yellow/green), to ground. Then I connected a analog voltmeter to the upper left hand terminal of the six plug connector, (it only has 3 wires in it, 2 in the center connectors and one outside) and the other side of the voltmeter to ground. When you turn the key on you count the sweeps of the voltmeter to figure out the code. You are supposed to be able to make the check engine flash also, but i don't know how to do that. Does anyone else know how to do that?
    '92 Festiva: BP01

OK, I actually went out to a self serve car wash (it was dark out!) to get some light and looked for the diagnostics "harness" I couldn't find it. I did however find the white wire...

Any Help?
    '92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

Working...
    X