Runs rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs rich

I have a 90 Festiva when it's running you can smell that is running too rich.
    It failed the California smog test because it runs too rich at idle only.
    Removed spark plugs they weren't black but a beige color. Replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

Any ideas?

new O2 sensor could help the problem also a good cleaning of the fuel system and a new fuel filter. If your pressure drops or the injectors are dirty then the fuel just kinda dribbles out of the end and it wont burn properly but at higher rpm there is more air velocity in the intake manifold and it can still atomize fuel pretty good. But the O2 sensor should get changed about every 60 to 80,000 miles any how for best performance as they get clogged up with exhaust deposits and then the sensor cant read properly and adds too much fuel.

Clinton

Comment

I'd say o2 sensors and try www.lubecontrol.com for their fuel power. Best injector cleaner in the world. It also lowers emissions and that alone might help.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Previous owner replaced O2 sensor so it would pass smog about a year before we bought it. I already replaced fuel filter when i did tune up.

Comment

Working...
        X