Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel injection issues, please give me some input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injection issues, please give me some input.

The engine tran and electrial harness is the festiva's 93. The tran is a 5 speed. The fuel injection is from an Aspire. The car has a bad studer when you rev it. It is hard to start in any temp. You have to tap the gas a time or two for it to start. It idles at 1 and a half k. Has no hesitation or stumble at idle. I am replacing the distrib. today. The old one was rigged with wood screws to hold the cap on (not my doing). The crank and cam is in time I think.... The yellow mark on the crank pully for the acc. belt is on T, and the up mark on the cam is ligned up with the ridge on the valve cover. The side mark doesn't line up worth a crap it is either to high or to low.... but the top looks dead on... Is there a way to tell by the dist. or by the lifter possisons with the head off. A certain valve open or something? If it is fuel preasure which I have not checked, can the regulator be turned up? It will need to be in the future any how when the new injectors arrive. Thanks to all for your input!

ok most of it was the dist. Replaced it the other day and runs good. Tried to drive it the first time today, and didn't drive well though. It stumbles when u try to accel down the road. I think it is the timming. I will check it 2day and repost results

Comment

Working...
    X